[SOLVED] No case fans

Jackie23

Commendable
Jul 4, 2019
Specs: 24gigs of ram, gtx 1070, ryzen 2200g (upgrading soon to ryzen 5 2600) asrock b450m steel legend

So as the title reads my pc has no case fans, they have stopped working in the past and I have not gotten new ones. It has been running like this for about 5 months and rarely gets above 65 degrees. I am upgrading to a ryzen 5 2600, but this is really just a general question.
Does my pc need fans to run games properly, and if it doesn't need fans, does this decrease the life span of my pc?
I have one cooling measure, a mini fan on the top of my pc angled down at the top of my pc and pushing air out the back. The side of my pc is also taken off.
It seems fine to me, but I was asking to get some insight to make sure my pc is running and will be running well for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Solution
You do not need chassis fans at all. Passive, or near passive, cooling setups are a thing.
As long as you're not seeing 85C or more cpu, 80C or more gpu, it should be fine.

Just keep in mind that there's a limit of what can be reasonably cooled under that scenario.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You do not need chassis fans at all. Passive, or near passive, cooling setups are a thing.
As long as you're not seeing 85C or more cpu, 80C or more gpu, it should be fine.

Just keep in mind that there's a limit of what can be reasonably cooled under that scenario.

Solution

Furzumz

Reputable
Even tho its safe like Phaaze said I'd still recommend some case fans given they're pretty cheap. You can pick up a 3 or 4 pack of 120mm fans for around $15 give or take off of amazon / newegg

They may not be top of the line super high quality fans but they can get the job done. I got a 5 pack of some cheap fans some years ago and they're still going strong. Only 1 has caught on fire so far (joking of course)

They're much better than no cooling at all if you ask me