No connections are avalible

HoodedStriker

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
So today I broke my ssd drive where I had my windows installed. At least I think I did. I also made a thread about it but there is apparently literally no way to see it anymore. It just disappeared into the tomshardware void.

So anyway I fresh installed windows 8.1 on my hard drive cause that's what I had on an usb at the moment. Booted up and no connection. Windows troubleshooter finds I dont have network drivers installed. I download intel network drivers on my phone and transfer to pc only to get "cannot install drivers. No intel (R) adapters are present in this computer".

So my question is: what the hell do I have to download to make my internet work so that I could upgrade my windows and use my pc again? I have been messing around trying to get my pc to work half the day and it all feels like an rpg quest - one problem just leads to another and its just so frustrating I want to smash my head again a brick wall.

Solution
You go to your computer' manufacturer web site, and download appropriate driver. Also, there're separate drivers for WiFi and Ethernet (wired connection).

Did your computer had Windows 8 before it broke? If it had Windows 10, there's a chance there are no Windows 8 drivers.
You go to your computer' manufacturer web site, and download appropriate driver. Also, there're separate drivers for WiFi and Ethernet (wired connection).

Did your computer had Windows 8 before it broke? If it had Windows 10, there's a chance there are no Windows 8 drivers.

Solution

HoodedStriker

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
Yeah I'd like to apologize for the stupid post. I got so caught up in my grief and frustration that I forgot to install the mfcking motherboard drivers. Big thanks for your answers though!