No display after attempt to install new RAM

Oct 29, 2018
Tried to install 8gb of dual channel ddr4 ram with my single stick 8gb ddr4(dumb, I know. Was hoping to get lucky and have it work.) Pc then turned on and all the fans spun up but nothing displayed and the mouse and keyboard didn't light up. I removed the new ram but still nothing. Since then I've tried to reset the CMOS by using the jumper pins and removing the battery along with doing each separately. Still nothing. Does the Cmos need to be oriented a special way? Also the ram might have been different speeds.
Mobo asrock z370m Pro 4
Cpu i5 8400
Gpu xfx Rx480 8gb

Oct 29, 2018
The motherboard has no display for error codes to the best of my knowledge and it didn't make any beeps of note. There is a high pitched wirring but that may be normal

Jwpanz

Honorable
Ok. Take out your GPU and plug your monitor into your motherboard I/O. Take out the CMOS battery and take out the new RAM while leaving the old RAM in the second slot from the left. Unplug your PC from the wall and hold down the power button on your case for about 20-30 seconds. Put the CMOS battery back in, plug in the PC and try to boot.

Oct 29, 2018
I've already removed the new ram and tried plugging straight into the motherboard but haven't yet removed the gpu. I'll take it apart tomarrow. Second from the left oriented how? 1234 with slot 4 being on the right?