Question No display after enabling Secure Boot

Sep 25, 2022
I updated my computer to windows 11 and try to open Valorant. The game request to enable secure boot and I did. After enable, my computer just died, cpu and gpu fans start and stop. My Motherboard it's a Gigabyte B450M DS3H and my cpu does not integraded video. I tried all possibilities to reset bios, remove battery, clear cmos, nothing work. Prazer, helpe me

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Did you do the steps outlined in this guide?

Sep 25, 2022
Did you do the steps outlined in this guide?

Thank you for reply. No, I didn't. To enable, I follow a video from YouTube.

View: https://youtu.be/0kH3T8W67RE

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Thank you for reply. No, I didn't. To enable, I follow a video from YouTube.

View: https://youtu.be/0kH3T8W67RE
What processor do you have?
The only way I know of fixing it is to remove the video card, plug the monitor into the motherboard and then it will let you go back into BIOS and disable secure boot.
You must have a CPU with built in graphics.

EDIT resetting CMOS will not change that.

Sep 25, 2022
What processor do you have?
The only way I know of fixing it is to remove the video card, plug the monitor into the motherboard and then it will let you go back into BIOS and disable secure boot.
You must have a CPU with built in graphics.

EDIT resetting CMOS will not change that.

I have a Ryzen 5 3500X, without graphics integrated

Colif

Win 11 Master
ahh Valorant, tells people to turn off CSM and enable secure boot, but doesn't bother to tell the user they need to be on GPT before they do or you end up with a black screen if on a Gigabyte board. Hate being able to guess its a Gigabyte board before opening post.

I hope valorant doesn't start insisting users clean install windows 11 to get the latest feature... by that stage I would question who owns the PC. I feel Vanguard already thinks it does.

I don't have any fixes to offer, board lacks both Dual Bios and Q Flash +. not very nice of Gigabyte to not have an escape method. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-1x#kf

Reactions: DRagor
Dec 12, 2022
I updated my computer to windows 11 and try to open Valorant. The game request to enable secure boot and I did. After enable, my computer just died, cpu and gpu fans start and stop. My Motherboard it's a Gigabyte B450M DS3H and my cpu does not integraded video. I tried all possibilities to reset bios, remove battery, clear cmos, nothing work. Prazer, helpe me

The Problem is not with every GPU. After I enabled my Gigabyte B450M with Sapphire R9 280X Card, screen is gone, CPU was starting and stoping with no life on monitor... However just by coincidence... I installed XFX R9 280x after resetting BIOS and inserting the battery back.. And It booted with XFX... Thought system is OK, put sapphire back... No screen... Problem is with certain brands I guess since both of my GPUs have same chip same memory... Sapphire never came back to life until I disable the CSM and Secureboot with XFX, than reinstalled the Sapphire...

Quick Note I am using this motherboard in 3 different systems... If you install Windows 11 from USB without enabling Secure Boot, Windows has no problem installs the System and works without problem CSM Disabled and SecureBoot Disabled in BIOS ... However if you are running Windows 10 and try to upgrade to 11, than it gives errors everyone is talking about...