Question No Display After Installing New CPU

Sep 29, 2021
So, im currentelly fixing up x Alienware R1 Aorua, and i got a new cpu for it. I Upgraded from a I7 930 to a Intel Xeon X5675 SLYBL 6 cores, 3.07 Ghz, 12MB lga 1366. And you guessed, no display. ive tried reseating it a bunch of times and still nothing. i put the old cpu in and nothing. Can i get some help? Thanks!

It's possible your motherboard locked up because you applied a cpu that was not recognized. I would install the old cpu and removed to the cr2035 battery (looks like a coin) and reinsert iton the motherboard to reset bios to default. You may need a bios update to be able to use the new cpu.

Sep 29, 2021
It's possible your motherboard locked up because you applied a cpu that was not recognized. I would install the old cpu and removed to the cr2035 battery (looks like a coin) and reinsert iton the motherboard to reset bios to default. You may need a bios update to be able to use the new cpu.
ok. ill pull out the battery afgter turning it off, and take out the new cpu and put the old one in, and then after that put the battery back in. ill keep you updated!
:)