[SOLVED] No Display and Power Button will not turn off PC. Upgraded Motherboard//CPU//RAM for Home Server

Aug 5, 2021
No Display and Power Button will not turn off PC. Upgraded Motherboard//CPU//RAM for Home Server

I recently decided to upgrade my PC Home Sever. This is primarily used to house my Developmental SQL Server. I was getting started to build out new databases and want to upgrade the RAM at minimum from DDR3 to DDR4 doing this I needed to get a new Motherboard and of course a CPU to accompany it all.
After I swapped the Motherboard, CPU and RAM I am now not getting any boot display to BIOS. The PC has power running to the fans, CPU and disk drives. I get no display from the Motherboard HDMI and I am unable to hard shut off the computer by pushing down the Power button on the case, need to flip the Power Supply to off.
Troubleshooting attempts:
  • I have attempted to remove the Motherboards CMOS battery --> Nothing
  • Checked all connections 4 times -->
  • Made sure Power Supply is functioning with the paper clip test --> Nothing
  • Tried both RAM sticks that I have one at a time --> Nothing
  • DVI to VGA adaptor and checking VGA connection -- I have not done this yet will do this afternoon after I get back home
  • I do not have a Motherboard speaker to hear beeps
Ran the old set-up Motherboard, CPU and RAM and was able to boot right up. I'm not sure if the parts I got namely the CPU or RAM is DOA.
The Motherboard does get power and runs the CPU fan other fans.

Old System Specs:
CPU: AMDFX -8350 FX-Series 8 Core (FD8350FRHKBOX)
Motherboard: Gigabyte AM3+ DDR3 Micro ATX (GA-78LMT-USB3)
RAM: 2 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1333MHz DDR3
Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+ WHITE
Case: Cooler Master N200 - Mini Tower
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Internal SSD (Operating System installed here)
Storage2: Hitachi 3TB 72000RPM Hard Drive
GPU: None

New System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8Core, 16 Thread
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 Micro ATX AM4
RAM: 2 - TeamGroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 8GB 3000MHz

Same as Old System Specs
Power Supply: EVGA 500w 80+ WHITE
Case: Cooler Master N200 - Mini Tower
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Internal SSD (Operating System installed here)
Storage2: Hitachi 3TB 72000RPM Hard Drive
GPU: None

Solution
i think you need to update the motherboard to the latest bios version first. because B450M mostly Ryzen "3000" ready yet 5000 series need a bios update. go download an unzip this, copy to flashdisk and update the bios on q-flash option. You will likely need a 2000 series or 3000 series cpu, ask your friend to lend if they have either both of the cpus, or lend it to the store you did bought and ask to update to the latest bios (version f61). also seat the ram on slot 2 and 4
i think you need to update the motherboard to the latest bios version first. because B450M mostly Ryzen "3000" ready yet 5000 series need a bios update. go download an unzip this, copy to flashdisk and update the bios on q-flash option. You will likely need a 2000 series or 3000 series cpu, ask your friend to lend if they have either both of the cpus, or lend it to the store you did bought and ask to update to the latest bios (version f61). also seat the ram on slot 2 and 4

Solution
Aug 5, 2021
Thanks.
I did get a new Motherboard GIGABYTE B550M DS3H which does support the 5th Gen Ryzen after a bios update. I was able to update the motherboard with the Q-Flash Plus USB and it looks to be successful, blinking lights and finally the full computer powered down. I am to power on and off the comp with the power button, this time but I am still not getting a display to get to the BIOS.
The one weird thing is the PC will power on then about 30 seconds later it does a reset and stays powered one after that.