[SOLVED] No display! Help

prudhvirazz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
My PC is not showing anything. Not even boot screen. Working perfectly fine before I went on vacation (2 weeks)

I see the LEDs/lights on motherboard light up when I switch on the PC. CPU fan, RAM LEDs also run. 2 out of 3 GPU fans also run. Never paid much attention to it before so I don't know whether it's normal or not.

I removed the GPU just to check if it displays anything with the on board graphics. Still nothing.

Tried two monitors and several connectors (DP, HDMI, DVI) nothing works. Says display not detected.

Any help would be appreciated. I am going mad here

Last edited:
Solution
If the motherboard/CPU has died, you won't see anything upon start up. That is why I asked about power outages/storms earlier.

Have you tried manually resetting the motherboard BIOS (jumper or remove battery method)?

prudhvirazz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
My PC is not showing anything. Not even boot screen. Was working perfectly fine before I went on vacation (2 weeks)

I see the LEDs/lights on motherboard light up when I switch on the PC. CPU fan, RAM LEDs also run. 2 out of 3 GPU fans also run. Never paid much attention to it before so I don't know whether it's normal or not.

I removed the GPU just to check if it displays anything with the on board graphics. Still nothing.

Tried two monitors and several connectors (DP, HDMI, DVI) nothing works. Says display not detected.

Any help would be appreciated. I am going mad here

prudhvirazz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013
Did you have any power outages or electrical storms in your area while you were away?
No, but yesterday while troubleshooting I had to hard shutdown few times since the display wasn't working. Even in that case my bios should show something like "volatage fluctuations cause computer to shutdown, please check settings in bios or something like that". right?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
If the motherboard/CPU has died, you won't see anything upon start up. That is why I asked about power outages/storms earlier.

Have you tried manually resetting the motherboard BIOS (jumper or remove battery method)?

Solution

prudhvirazz

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2013

thanks a lot for the input. I will try to reset the BIOS (not sure how but will look at some YT videos). But I see all the LEDs on motherboard lightup and all components connected to it also light up.

is there a way to confirm that CPU is dead?