Question No display in BIOS

Breadfish47

Commendable
Jun 12, 2019
Hi,

I'd recently had some issues with my hardware (CPU light, no peripherals) which led to removing the cmos battery, bridging the connectors etc. and reseating the GPU before it was solved.

Ever since, I've had no display when entering BIOS - I can hit F10 and Enter to exit BIOS and then Windows will display normally

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't have any integrated graphics for the BIOS to be displayed elsewhere.

Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
Hi,

I'd recently had some issues with my hardware (CPU light, no peripherals) which led to removing the cmos battery, bridging the connectors etc. and reseating the GPU before it was solved.

Ever since, I've had no display when entering BIOS - I can hit F10 and Enter to exit BIOS and then Windows will display normally

Any ideas what could be causing this? I don't have any integrated graphics for the BIOS to be displayed elsewhere.

Thanks
Since you have provided no information on what hardware you have, we will have difficulties helping you. List all your hardware, including your power supply and monitor(s).

Breadfish47

Commendable
Jun 12, 2019
Since you have provided no information on what hardware you have, we will have difficulties helping you. List all your hardware, including your power supply and monitor(s).

Apologies, bit of a no-brainer to include hardware specs!

I've got the following:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
MOB: Asus TUF x570 PLUS
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 GAMING OC
PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Plat

Primary monitor is an Acer XF2470YU - connected to GPU via DisplayPort
Secondary monitor is an Acer GN246HL connected to GPU via HDMI

kanewolf

Titan
Apologies, bit of a no-brainer to include hardware specs!

I've got the following:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
MOB: Asus TUF x570 PLUS
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 GAMING OC
PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Plat

Primary monitor is an Acer XF2470YU - connected to GPU via DisplayPort
Secondary monitor is an Acer GN246HL connected to GPU via HDMI
I have seen threads on here where the BIOS display didn't work when multiple monitors were connected. Have you tried disconnecting one of the monitors ?