Question No display, No POST and No BIOS with second-hand motherboard ?

Aug 28, 2024
Hi guys, I bought a second hand Asus TUF Gaming B560-PLUS WIFI mobo and an i7-11700 CPU (not F version).

The guy told me, that the computer stopped loading after he installed Windows 11 and it went to sleep (not sure if he can be trusted). I dont really feel like OS would cause BOOT/ POST failure.

Before purchasing it I thought it would be some problem with drivers and ssd or sleep mode that it has no display. RIght now I think itś more like a bios issue (idk if it had to be flashed for 11th gen - mobo says it supports both but I remember previous gens 8/9 had this problem. But if he had already 11700 working I doubt it. The other thing would be TPM?

Here is what happens:

1) When I try to start it up unplugged everyting just necessary power on - CPU and MOBO (shorting Power pins with screwdriver) - the mobo lights up (just some lightning not LED diod for diagnostics, cant even find it to be honest. All fans start running but cpu is not heating up - not working. No Beep from the speaker as well, no posting, no display, no bios, no USB lightning up (keyaboard, mouse). It continues to run and doesnt stop, never ever (tried cca 10 mins - CPU stone cold)

2) I use one Ram in the Bus closest to the CPU (tried all) tried combination of 2 rams (and different ddr4 rams, viper patriot rgb stripe lights up even with colour that I preset on other PC)

What I´ve already tried:

1) Reseating RAM + CPU
2) Taking out CMOS battery
3) Clear CMOS header (again screwdriver)
4) Put in NVME SSD
5) Different PSUs
6) Beeper - no BEEP, never ever bepps despite whatever I do
7) CPU cooler in optional and also main header
8) Checked some physical damage - NONE found (CPU or sockets, no pins bent or missing)
9) Tried eGPU - 1060 zotac 3 gb ( I found somewhere that 11700 can have integrated graphics not enabled .. but still I would expect some post or CPU to heat up a little over a time.

I have no idea what version bios is since i cannot enter anything, the thing that CPU is not heating up means to me that it is not even working at this state? What could it be? Do you have any ideas?

What I havent tried yet:

1) I dont have any spare 1200 MOBO or any other 1200 CPU unfortunately.
2) I didnt try to plug in 24-pin while PSU on (Last option to try to wake it but dont wanna damage both GPU or CPU or RAM of now) I find it too brutal.

Thanks for your help,
Znamik

how did you connect the monitor?
did you try a different video cable?

try out of a case on a non conducting surface

power off several times while powering on, eventually triggering BIOS to come back

if no Q-LED is on, most likely the BIOS is bricked
CMOS battery is correctly installed with plus symbol visible while installed?

EPS 8pin plugged in as well as the 24pin main plug?

Aug 28, 2024
Hi, I connected it via HDMI, i tried it to connect to TV that works with other computers, When I wanted to test iGPU i put it into HDMI mobo when 1060 then in eGPU. There is also DP on MOBO that I didnt try (but still doesnt explain why CPU is stone-cold

i´m trying it out of case only on the floor.

CMOS is correctly installed and I´ve tried 2 CMOS (but cannot surely say that they work properly but pc from where i took it works.

8pin and 24pin are both plugged in.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mod Edit (merged):

Could Asus Crashfree BIOS 3 somehow help? I also have the CD from the motherboard. Yet it still could be a dead CPU?