[SOLVED] No display, No USB power and Power button won't turn off PC

Jun 25, 2020
Hi. I recently got a new SSD (Horray, i guess!) However, i had issues doing a clean install with a usb drive and ended up messing with the BIOS. I disabled the splash gigabyte logo and i ended up stuck with the American megatrends logo with no text beneath for some reason and my PC had no USB power. So i had no access to the BIOS at all because after trying all ports neither my keyboard or mouse would work or light up

I looked up the steps to fix this and i saw a post saying to remove the battery to clear CMOS but to do this i had to remove my GPU to gain access. Now this only gets worse and i feel like even more of a dunce but i was unable to release the PCIE lock properly and the graphics card only came out partially on the left side so i carefully slotted it back in. I tried booting again after that to make sure everything was okay but now i had no display at all. All the fans are spinning up just fine but it doesn't seem to be posting anymore. I have also attempted to bridge the pins on the mobo to clear CMOS to no avail.
I'm slightly concerned that i may have killed my gpu or something. I have been trying to make sure it is seated properly. It fits against the case screwed in but i think the lock might still be loose because it droops a lot.

Am i best off to continue trying to remove the card to access the battery and reinstall the card correctly? So far i am still having issues because the back plate obscures the lock quite a bit and i am using an microATX board so i have removed the heat sync fan but it's hard to get to the clip without pushing against the ram. I'm honestly just freaking out a bit. I have been trying to remove the card for quite some time now and have repeatedly tried to make sure it's seated correctly, but it still won't post. Ngl, it would be an achievement if i have successfully bricked my pc after trying to do something as simple as upgrade my storage. I realize i am a total idiot for totally escalating a minor error, guess i was a little over enthusiastic :LOL::oops:

Solution
Good news everyone! I'm ecstatic to say that i managed to remove the graphics card and access the battery to successfully clear the CMOS and the graphics card is now seated correctly and i am everything is displaying right. I am kinda new to the forum but i'm guessing i should leave this here? In case anyone else manages to mess up like i did.
Jun 25, 2020
Good news everyone! I'm ecstatic to say that i managed to remove the graphics card and access the battery to successfully clear the CMOS and the graphics card is now seated correctly and i am everything is displaying right. I am kinda new to the forum but i'm guessing i should leave this here? In case anyone else manages to mess up like i did.

Solution