Question No display on asRock, random shut-offs, gpu oscillating

Jun 16, 2023
Hello! This problem has been bothering me for a while. It started years ago, when the pc would randomly cut the display, although it you still be on. Sometimes, though, it would just restart on its own. This would happen randomly once every week or sometimes days, then stop for months.
2 months ago this problem would return, but upon manually restarting it after the screen went black, it would just turn on with no display - most of the times I would hear 5 beeps, indicating that no display output was detected (AsRock motherbord). After reseating some parts and restarting the BIOS, though, it would come back to normal, although it would still get the black screen just a few seconds/minutes after booting (this would stop after a few attempts). This would happen every day for a few weeks, until those "fixes" wouldn't help anymore. 5 beeps, no display. Reseating the CPU, RAMs and GPU wouldn't work, neither would resetting the BIOS, or checking the cable connections.
Some days ago, when I managed to make the pc boot, I tried updating the BIOS, and this seemed to help for a few days, as the pc would boot normally and not turn off randomly. A few days after, though, the problem would come back. What has somewhat worked for me since then was waiting for an hour with the pc turned on (without display), then turning it off and on again, which gives me display. What worries me is the GPU: everytime the pc boots and doesn't give display, it keeps oscillating between normal speed and max speed, kind of like a car revving. This persists during the whole time the pc in on, if it doesn't have display.
Thanks in advance for anyone who tries helping me.

Ram: XPG Gammix D30, 8GB, 2666Mhz, DDR4, CL16 x2
Psu: Cooler Master MasterWatt TUF 450W, 80 Plus Bronze
Cpu: Intel Core i3-9350KF
Motherboard: ASRock H310CM-HG4
Gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Cerberus 4GB

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Hello! This problem has been bothering me for a while. It started years ago, when the pc would randomly cut the display, although it you still be on. Sometimes, though, it would just restart on its own. This would happen randomly once every week or sometimes days, then stop for months.
2 months ago this problem would return, but upon manually restarting it after the screen went black, it would just turn on with no display - most of the times I would hear 5 beeps, indicating that no display output was detected (AsRock motherbord). After reseating some parts and restarting the BIOS, though, it would come back to normal, although it would still get the black screen just a few seconds/minutes after booting (this would stop after a few attempts). This would happen every day for a few weeks, until those "fixes" wouldn't help anymore. 5 beeps, no display. Reseating the CPU, RAMs and GPU wouldn't work, neither would resetting the BIOS, or checking the cable connections.
Some days ago, when I managed to make the pc boot, I tried updating the BIOS, and this seemed to help for a few days, as the pc would boot normally and not turn off randomly. A few days after, though, the problem would come back. What has somewhat worked for me since then was waiting for an hour with the pc turned on (without display), then turning it off and on again, which gives me display. What worries me is the GPU: everytime the pc boots and doesn't give display, it keeps oscillating between normal speed and max speed, kind of like a car revving. This persists during the whole time the pc in on, if it doesn't have display.
Thanks in advance for anyone who tries helping me.

Ram: XPG Gammix D30, 8GB, 2666Mhz, DDR4, CL16 x2
Psu: Cooler Master MasterWatt TUF 450W, 80 Plus Bronze
Cpu: Intel Core i3-9350KF
Motherboard: ASRock H310CM-HG4
Gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti OC Cerberus 4GB
The power supply is rather small. Can you borrow one from another machine?

DaleH

Notable
Mar 24, 2023
Possibly. But shouldn't the pc turn off more frequently when I'm gaming and needs more power? It seems to be very random
Not necessarily. When things fail, they don't always do it in what we would call a logical manner. One can theorize, but the only way to prove it is to replace it with a known good supply.

Jun 16, 2023
Not necessarily. When things fail, they don't always do it in what we would call a logical manner. One can theorize, but the only way to prove it is to replace it with a known good supply.
Thank you for the answers! I will see if I cant get a spare PSU to check if the problem goes away.