[SOLVED] No display on GPU after bios flash

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
First please correct me if this is right category for this post.

I have Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8Gb.
Games were crashing on my gpu and some one told me to update bios because I bought used gpu. After updating bios for 1340mhz it worked well and games didnt crash after that.

When I moved bios switch to Performance mode i-e 1411mhz and updated bios after that it is not giving display.

Note: Now on Quiet Mode 1340mhz games are working perfectly without crash. But on Performance Mode 1411mhz it is not giving display.

When I shifted to mobo display and managed to log into windows on 1411mhz in device manager it showed Rx 590 instead of rx 580.

I know that bios for 1411mhz is corrupted and due to dual bios on these cards I can use it on 1340mhz. But the question is can I make it work again on 1411mhz??

My system:
H81m-hd3
16gb 1600mhz
Coolermaster 850w psu

Solution
If it reads rx 590 then you have a wrong or corrupted bios. Use you igpu to get into windows while you have the switch at performance 1411 mode. Go to techpower and download the correct bios. You need to pay attention of which vram your gpu has. micron, samsung, hynix etc. you will find several different 1411 bios there but make sure you choose the one matching with your vram. If you don't know you vram brand, use gpu-z and check it out. Try to flash it again and tell how it goes.
If it reads rx 590 then you have a wrong or corrupted bios. Use you igpu to get into windows while you have the switch at performance 1411 mode. Go to techpower and download the correct bios. You need to pay attention of which vram your gpu has. micron, samsung, hynix etc. you will find several different 1411 bios there but make sure you choose the one matching with your vram. If you don't know you vram brand, use gpu-z and check it out. Try to flash it again and tell how it goes.

Reactions: muhammadahmad9794
Solution