[SOLVED] No display on panel with discrete GPU

Sep 1, 2021
Monitor has no signal on my GPU unless I unplug and plug the HDMI cable multiple times, integrated graphics work fine.

Specs:
cpu:I5-8400
motherboard: Asus b360m-a
gpu:pulse rx 5700 xt
ram:G.SKILL DDR4 2666mhz 8gb x2
psu:Enermax REVOLUTION D.F. 650W 80Plus Gold
monitor: aoc 2k 144hz monitor x1

I already updated the bios, every driver. Not working.
Tried DDU, disabled freesync and cleared CMOS. Not working.
Tried to clean boot and disable fast boot. Not working.
Changed to a new HDMI cable and DP cable. Not working.
The only solution that is working for me, I need to unplug and plug the HDMI cable of my GPU multiple times after booting up the windows. Sometimes it cost me around 1 hour to make it work. It is so frustrating.
If I have the luck to make my gpu work normally, still I will get 1sec blackscreen sometimes or even crash and shut down when playing games like apex and bf1.
But the integrated graphics work perfectly fine.

Now I plan to build a new pc, but I wish to know which parts causing the problem, best luck is my gpu work fine so that I can keep using it before I can buy 3070 at a lower price.

Of cause solutions are welcome!
I appreciate any suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Did the problems just start or have the problems always been present and now maybe getting worse?

How old is that Enermax PSU?

Heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the crashes, boot failures, etc..

Manually reinstall drivers by downloading via the applicable manufacturer websites. Reinstall and reconfigure.

No DDU or other third party installers or utilities.