No display on television and monitor?

Silentkiller424

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
My computer is connected to an led television via HDMI canble and to a monitor via DVI cable. I have a gtx 970 which is about a year old.
My problem is that i get no display on neither the monitor nor the television some times. I have to restart the pc using the power button and then I get display normally.
Sometimes i get just a black screen on my monitor and nothing on my tv which after restarting 2-3 times works normally.
What could be the problem here ? Is it a faulty graphics card? My drivers are updated and all the games work fine. I also repaired the pc using the windows repair os tool by burning a disk but still the problem persists.

Solution
Sounds like the gpu is throttling if it is at 20 fps (due to heat or lack of power). Watch the temps and clocks to see what happens. Furmark just runs a fury donut on the screen to load up the gpu to the max.
Hmm. Haven't heard of that power supply. Maybe that is the issue. When a PC boots, it uses quite a bit of power initially. I recommend Seasonic power supplies, a 550w unit from them should be sufficient. Be sure to get a Haswell certified one if that is the cpu you are running.

Silentkiller424

Reputable
Oct 7, 2014
Im using furmark right now at 1080p 8x anti aliasing but im not pretty sure how to use it? It seems to be working fine, how do i deduce from it what the problem is? I am getting 20 fps right now and 249 average fps.