System:

Asus X570 Dark Hero
Ryzen 5950 CPU
2 x 32GB DDR4 3600mhz Corsair Vengeance Ram
Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro
Dark Power 12 1000w PSU
Phanteks P600s Case
LG CX 48” Oled Display (HDMI 2.1)

As the title says when I turn on the PC I will see the republic of gamers start up screen where it says to press delete to access bios but instead of going to the windows 10 log in screen my TV says there is no display. When I press reset the computer will launch windows as normal and everything works as it should.

I did some trouble shooting:

Removed and reinserted ram
Removed and reinserted GPU
Changed the GPU power cable
Changed HDMI Cable
Tried a different display
Flashed the bios to the latest beta bios

Non of the above worked. I noticed through if I remove the plug from the power supply and hold the on button on my case to drain all power the pc will start up normally when I reconnect power. But then fall back into the same cycle when I power off my PC. I noticed on one occasion when I shut down the PC a pop up error message appeared but I could not fully read it or take a picture of it and haven't been able to get it to appear again. I did read some of it, it said something about memory and there were lots of digits (mostly 0’s I think).

The problem seemed to occur after replacing my 6900 xt with the 3090 gpu. I used the display driver uninstalled utility in safe mode to remove the previous AMD drivers before installing the nvidia drivers to avoid any display driver issues.

I‘ve done everything I can think of at the moment so have come here hoping someone knows what’s going one. Anyone know what to do?

Hi,

I tried that but unfortunately it didn’t work. I also tried removing the CMOS battery, changing the sata ports, and booting with one ram module at a time and the problem persists.

Have you updated the bios?

I had a similar issue when installing new ram one time after updating my bios. I put the ram in and it started as normal but everytime the pc would fall asleep, it wouldnt wake back up with a signal to the display. In the end it turned out to be a buggy bios so I then reverted back to the old bios and everything worked normally.

So that could possibly be an option.

However, if you have not updated your bios recently, that would be the 2nd option I would suggest since turning off Fast Startup did not work. Which doing that didnt work for me either. So its worth a shot to update the bios if you have not, or revert back to an older bios, if you have updated. Just to see if its the bios at fault.

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
Have you updated the bios?

I had a similar issue when installing new ram one time after updating my bios. I put the ram in and it started as normal but everytime the pc would fall asleep, it wouldnt wake back up with a signal to the display. In the end it turned out to be a buggy bios so I then reverted back to the old bios and everything worked normally.

So that could possibly be an option.

However, if you have not updated your bios recently, that would be the 2nd option I would suggest since turning off Fast Startup did not work. Which doing that didnt work for me either. So its worth a shot to update the bios if you have not, or revert back to an older bios, if you have updated. Just to see if its the bios at fault.

Hi,

Yeah, I updated the bios to the latest version and turned off the fast start up but the problem keeps going.

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
I couldn’t fix the issue so ended up reinstalling windows onto another drive. This took about 3 hours due to various issues and trouble shooting at every step. There was something seriously wrong with the bios and it eventually sorted itself out after I manually cleaned each disk and converted them to GPT.

I wouldn’t recommend this problem to have with your PC.

shemsureshot

Distinguished
May 26, 2013
I thought this was solved but after doing all of the above the same old problem keeps coming back. This only began when I uninstalled the 6900 xt and it’s drivers and installed the 3090.

I rarely ever get to game on my PC because of the constant troubleshooting since moving to AMD. I’m contemplating returning to Intel where I never encountered issues like this and at this frequency for over a decade with them.