[SOLVED] no easy way to contact lenovo so here i am -

miltk

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Last edited:
Solution
The answer is in the attachment you linked:

Supports up to 3 independent displays via (onboard DP, onboard HDMI, and one optional port [VGA / 2nd DP / 2nd HDMI
/ USB-C]) or (one onboard port [DP / HDMI] and optional dual DP [MST mode])

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The answer is in the attachment you linked:

Supports up to 3 independent displays via (onboard DP, onboard HDMI, and one optional port [VGA / 2nd DP / 2nd HDMI
/ USB-C]) or (one onboard port [DP / HDMI] and optional dual DP [MST mode])

Solution

miltk

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
You certainly won't game with that rig. What are planning to use it for?
backup paranoia as three w7's broke down. im an artist so i have to do light work with images- nothing intense.

however i was planning to eventually getting a fuji 100s which is a medium format camera that produces 102 megapixel images. i'm pretty damn sure all my old machines would not be able to handle editing quick enuf.

plus,,,I HAVE HAD IT WITH THE BIGGER MACHINES AND SFF LENOVO'S. i had to twist my way through cramped space LMAO.

these tiny lenovos are just what i need,,,,,and i have had my eye on an lg 43" monitor

do you think this might be the right move? i mean ,,,a few years back i asked evga support about what i needed to drive a 43" monitor and the support said one of their high end cards. so these tiny's are a surprise to me. i really don't follow the latest trends

ive also been thinking about software that plays around with 3-d modelling so i can create my own stuff. hope to make my process easier

lastly, i will want larger images to use for printing my work, a 100mp camera will produce about a 20" image at 300dpi which is satisfying to me

Last edited:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Physical size of a display is really meaningless in terms of computing suitability, resolution is very important. The number of pixels to process at any given time are what create processing load.

This Lenovo should be capable of light image work. They are not particularly fast. 3D modeling will be okay, but not if you need a GPU for more advanced processing. Think of these devices much like a business class laptop in a different form factor. Still uses a desktop CPU, but with the integrated video controller, you will have limited graphics performance.

You might want to look at one of these (or similar) as an option:

miltk

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Physical size of a display is really meaningless in terms of computing suitability, resolution is very important. The number of pixels to process at any given time are what create processing load.

This Lenovo should be capable of light image work. They are not particularly fast. 3D modeling will be okay, but not if you need a GPU for more advanced processing. Think of these devices much like a business class laptop in a different form factor. Still uses a desktop CPU, but with the integrated video controller, you will have limited graphics performance.

You might want to look at one of these (or similar) as an option:

thx