Question No Frame drops but stuttering in all games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCaldwell

Commendable
Sep 2, 2020
Hi all,

Been having this problem for a while. Tried lots but can't get to the bottom of it. Problem tends to happen when panning left and right or when lots is happening in the game. No fps drops.

I have tried:
  • Reinstalling windows
  • YouTube optimisation guides for windows
  • new cable matters display port cable
  • all new hardware - z390 9700k to z490 system 10900k (happened both systems)
  • mouse polling to 1000
  • low latency mode on - improved it but still present when game is busy
  • v sync on - improves it (vsync off - game tears and is choppy continuously)
  • DDU uninstaller and reinstall of Nvidia driver
Build:
z490 rog strip - e
32gb corsair ram
850 psu
2 x nvme samsung 1tg
3080ti tuf gaming
Lian lu case - 9 fans

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

MrCaldwell

Commendable
Sep 2, 2020
UserBenchmarks: Game 245%, Desk 105%, Work 264%
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K - 102.7%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080-Ti - 245.8%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 332.2%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 339.2%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 92.7%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING

UserBenchmarks: Game 245%, Desk 105%, Work 264%
CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K - 102.7%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080-Ti - 245.8%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 332.2%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe PCIe M.2 1TB - 339.2%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 92.7%
MBD: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING

For more info

Last edited:

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
Hi all,

Been having this problem for a while. Tried lots but can't get to the bottom of it. Problem tends to happen when panning left and right or when lots is happening in the game. No fps drops.

I have tried:
  • Reinstalling windows
  • YouTube optimisation guides for windows
  • new cable matters display port cable
  • all new hardware - z390 9700k to z490 system 10900k (happened both systems)
  • mouse polling to 1000
  • low latency mode on - improved it but still present when game is busy
  • v sync on - improves it (vsync off - game tears and is choppy continuously)
  • DDU uninstaller and reinstall of Nvidia driver
Build:
z490 rog strip - e
32gb corsair ram
850 psu
2 x nvme samsung 1tg
3080ti tuf gaming
Lian lu case - 9 fans

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
Hi, I am having the same "Issue". I've been having it for the past year+. I'm starting to think that there is no issue at all and that this is completely normal. I've checked my pc one thousand times and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Games Stutter but there is almost zero fps loss(frame time goes from 11 ms to 55 ms but fps goes from 144 to 140). you can go to my profile and see that I have recently also posted a question about this issue. btw have you by any chance managed to solve this issue? if it even exists...

MrCaldwell

Commendable
Sep 2, 2020
Hi, I am having the same "Issue". I've been having it for the past year+. I'm starting to think that there is no issue at all and that this is completely normal. I've checked my pc one thousand times and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Games Stutter but there is almost zero fps loss(frame time goes from 11 ms to 55 ms but fps goes from 144 to 140). you can go to my profile and see that I have recently also posted a question about this issue. btw have you by any chance managed to solve this issue? if it even exists...
No still not solved, I feel like Ive tried everything to he point where I believe its my EYES!. Its mental though because my rig is high end, I just would expect anything to ever be wrong. Ive had it for 1+years too. literally don't know what to do anymore.

ShwaBdudle

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
No still not solved, I feel like Ive tried everything to he point where I believe its my EYES!. Its mental though because my rig is high end, I just would expect anything to ever be wrong. Ive had it for 1+years too. literally don't know what to do anymore.
Dude, I'm exactly the same. I've made a LOT of posts regarding this issue on Reddit (same username if you want to check it out). my pc is not low-end either but in almost every game I get stutters. I have come to the conclusion that there is no issue. if you want to compare we can send each other screenshots of MSI Afterburner (with framerate and frame time) after a gaming session in some triple a game.

MrCaldwell

Commendable
Sep 2, 2020
Dude, I'm exactly the same. I've made a LOT of posts regarding this issue on Reddit (same username if you want to check it out). my pc is not low-end either but in almost every game I get stutters. I have come to the conclusion that there is no issue. if you want to compare we can send each other screenshots of MSI Afterburner (with framerate and frame time) after a gaming session in some triple a game.
Give this a try,

im still testing atm so no update yet. >>>>>>>>>(3) New Fix Stuttering & FPS Drops | Fix High CPU Usage | Fix Low GPU Usage or Dropped to 0 - YouTube

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one at a time.

Open the tool window and just observe what is happening and wait until the system stabilizes.

Drag the window to one side and launch one of the games - again watch and wait for some stable situation where not much is happening.

Then pan Left/Right etc. and watch for system changes that correspond with the stuttering.

What system resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Also pay attention to what all is running in the background.

May take a bit of trial and error to get a sense of it all. It will get easier once you become familiar with the tools.

Process Explorer (Microsoft free) might prove helpful as well.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

May 14, 2022
I've created an account only to tell you that i have the same issue and the only thing that i have that is the same as you is the monitor. The LG 27gl850. This monitor has horrible overshoot that can't be solved unless your always at 144hz. Everything under will look choppy/stuttery. In fact i own two other freesync monitor that are gsync compatible and the compatibility is awful. Some poeple will not notice it but i do. Even when i don't use the gsync compatible and just play "normally" this monitor cause serious screen stuttering without any fps drop ( locked using rtss or any other method to get a flat framegraph ) and every other freesync monitor that i own too. I don't know if they messed up something in the driver that make 30 series card bug while using gsync compatible or a freesync monitor without enabling the compatibility. But something is not right. Before upgrading to my 3070ti i was using a 5700xt and i didn't have those issue. Something is wrong with my card and my monitor compatibility.

This monitor or/ card problems make me wanna go back to console. Jeez i wasn't having this many problems while playing a game in those 13 years that i've been a console player. Been on pc for 3 years now and nothing but problems. Lots of poeple don't actually buy/play AAA games and only play their favorites free games or old schoold game so not everyone is aware of those issues which is why there is no answer on internet for those kind of problems.

MrCaldwell

Commendable
Sep 2, 2020
I've created an account only to tell you that i have the same issue and the only thing that i have that is the same as you is the monitor. The LG 27gl850. This monitor has horrible overshoot that can't be solved unless your always at 144hz. Everything under will look choppy/stuttery. In fact i own two other freesync monitor that are gsync compatible and the compatibility is awful. Some poeple will not notice it but i do. Even when i don't use the gsync compatible and just play "normally" this monitor cause serious screen stuttering without any fps drop ( locked using rtss or any other method to get a flat framegraph ) and every other freesync monitor that i own too. I don't know if they messed up something in the driver that make 30 series card bug while using gsync compatible or a freesync monitor without enabling the compatibility. But something is not right. Before upgrading to my 3070ti i was using a 5700xt and i didn't have those issue. Something is wrong with my card and my monitor compatibility.

This monitor or/ card problems make me wanna go back to console. Jeez i wasn't having this many problems while playing a game in those 13 years that i've been a console player. Been on pc for 3 years now and nothing but problems. Lots of poeple don't actually buy/play AAA games and only play their favorites free games or old schoold game so not everyone is aware of those issues which is why there is no answer on internet for those kind of problems.

Hey mate, it is proper annoying i know what you mean. worse thing is i have had this problem on a previous monitor too. im just starting to accept it now. dont know what else to do....

Status
Not open for further replies.