[SOLVED] No HDMI Input Detected From Computer

Dylan_12

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Hey Guys,

I took some time to clean out my PC yesterday since it had been around 6-8 months since I cleared out the dust. I cleaned out the dust, but I also reseated the CPU and applied new thermal paste, since I noticed the temperatures were higher than normal recently. I booted up the PC, and everything seemed to work fine, except that the monitor did not display anything, simply a warning message that said no HDMI input from my PC was detected. I began to troubleshoot a bit, thinking I might've ruined a part with static, or something wasn't seated properly. I'll note that EVERYTHING was working fine before I started cleaning. I reseated the GPU, but nothing changed. I thought I applied too much thermal paste, so I wiped the CPU down and reseated it once more. I reset CMOS, but still, nothing is working. I bought new HDMI and DVI cables to see if my monitor wasn't working, but that didn't seem to help. I used another monitor, but the different monitor displayed the same error message. I used different cords too, to no avail. My PC turns on, all of my LED's shine normally, the fans on my GPU spin normally. I get no beeps from my motherboard suggesting something is not seated properly. I read that this could be a CPU issue, as I believe I applied too much thermal paste to begin with. I also read this could be a GPU issue. I do not have any other CPU's, Motherboards, or GPU's I can use to test out.

Here are my specs:
Intel i5-6600K @ 3.5ghz
Asus Sabertooth Z170-S Motherboard
NZXT Kraken X52 CPU Cooler
Galax GTX 1060 6gb
Evga Supernova 650 PSU
Firecuda 2TB SSHD
250gb Samsung 860 EVO SSD
NZXT S340 Elite Case

Thanks!

Solution
Hm. Let's try to reset the BIOS. Make sure all power is off by unplugging the PC and locate the coin cell battery on the board. Press the retention clip to remove it and wait a minute or two before popping it back in and restarting. If that doesn't help. unplug the pc and reseat everything: CPU, RAM and GPU.
Hm. Let's try to reset the BIOS. Make sure all power is off by unplugging the PC and locate the coin cell battery on the board. Press the retention clip to remove it and wait a minute or two before popping it back in and restarting. If that doesn't help. unplug the pc and reseat everything: CPU, RAM and GPU.

Solution