Question No IGP video output on i7-11700

Dec 9, 2022
Hi,

I have a TrueNAS system build around a Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA motherboard. Everything was working fine when the MB was paired with a Pentium Gold G6400 CPU.
However, after upgrading the CPU to an i7-11700, none of the video output ports are working anymore - there is no signal from the IGD on either HDMI or DisplayPort. Otherwise, the CPU works as expected and the display adapter is detected by the OS.

The BIOS is the latest version and has the display adapter set to Auto. There are no beeps during POST.

My feeling is that there's a compatiblility issue between the current BIOS version and the i7-11700 CPU. Is it possible to have a working CPU with a faulty IGD? Could there be something that I've missed?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi,

I have a TrueNAS system build around a Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA motherboard. Everything was working fine when the MB was paired with a Pentium Gold G6400 CPU.
However, after upgrading the CPU to an i7-11700, none of the video output ports are working anymore - there is no signal from the IGD on either HDMI or DisplayPort. Otherwise, the CPU works as expected and the display adapter is detected by the OS.

The BIOS is the latest version and has the display adapter set to Auto. There are no beeps during POST.

My feeling is that there's a compatiblility issue between the current BIOS version and the i7-11700 CPU. Is it possible to have a working CPU with a faulty IGD? Could there be something that I've missed?
Needs BIOS version F20D I would install the old processor to ensure that is your version.

My next thought would be that you mistakenly got a 11700F that has no built in graphics.

the display adapter is detected by the OS.

^^^^^ how would know this without a display?

Reactions: white.a.drew
Hi,

Is there by chance a gpu in the system at all?
Needs BIOS version F20D I would install the old processor to ensure that is your version.

My next thought would be that you mistakenly got a 11700F that has no built in graphics.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Another thought if your using a video card and trying to use the built in graphics on the motherboard at the same time, not sure if that can be done on that board they could be a setting in BIOS>

Usually if you use a card and the display is set to auto it defaults to the video card.

Reactions: white.a.drew
Dec 9, 2022
The CPU is NOT the F version (product code is BX8070811700). I can confirm that the IGD is at least visible to the OS as I can select it for VM passthrough.
The BIOS version is F21, published 2021/11/25. I don't have a PCIe video card installed.

Could be a lack of information since this was also stated.

the display adapter is detected by the OS.

^^^^^ how would know this without a display?
Display adapter can mean so many things.... And I don't know you have TeamViewer installed and viewing the screen remotely like I do when I have these issue.... If you are meaning that you gave display through a graphics card state that not display adapter. I'm not the only one who was confused by that... You can't use dual display on this mobo after the third bios update they removed the option for dual display through gpu and on board.... This is becoming more common as the newer GPUs are being released with allto many display option to begging with there is no need for the on board and gpu.... It's also conserving the stress put on the system trying to display using the apu/CPU power, plus gpu.... Because of cou having to process the info from both, now it only has to read one display output

Apr 11, 2023
Hi,

I found your post because I had the same problem with this board. But with the difference that for me DisplayPort works on the 11th generation of Intel CPU. The post is a bit old now and I don't know if you solved the problem or not but I have a solution to this problem.
You just need to
UPDATE Parade HDMI 2.0 Firmware!!! But first you have to get in to the windows on 10th gen. CPU if You have no display on HDMI or DisplayPort on 11th gen.

PS: I was unable to update the Parade HDMI 2.0 Firmware using the bundled installer because I was getting an update failure message. As I am an electronics engineer, I carried out the update process manually, i.e. I programmed the cmos serial flash chip with a newer version of the firmware. This chip is located on the back of the motherboard, in its memory there is the firmware used by the Parade PS175 HDMI controller

Good luck!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS