No image on boot. Asus Prime B350 Plus + Ryzen 1600

bruno.braga14

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
Hi there guys.

I received today my brand new pc. When i turn on to install the Windows nothing on my screen appear.. just a no signal sign. The MB beeps one and stays on but no image.

Also i notice one fan of 2 of the GPU (Sapphire Raden RX 580 8GB Special edition) inst working. I tried HDMI and Display Port and nothing. Tried removing the Rams and nothing.

Any help? Thanks in advance

digitalpimpenator

Prominent
Feb 10, 2019

I would First Troubleshoot by booting without the card installed and plug into the onboard video ( does it work?) you did not state whether you tried that step first. If it does not, you either have a Bad Monitor, Bad cable, or you did not set your monitor to the correct input or the worst case a bad motherboard, remember HDMI, Display port, does not like to be " hot swapped" meaning you cant just swap the plug around and expect the signal to always pick up ( SOMETIMES it will, but we want to remove any factors that may impede your investigation and trouble shooting. If it does comes up on your screen from the onboard display, boot into bios. check your settings and have the bios boot to PCI primarily after saving your changes and exiting, power off your PC and re-install your Graphics card and plug in your desired output method. If you still do not get a boot screen, leave your card installed, power off the system, plug your cable back into your onboard graphics and boot again. once post screen appears go to your bios again, and check your default display, and again make sure its set to use your PCI first. If all else fails one last option is to take out the bios battery wait for a few and reincert, and see if a fresh defaulted bios will make a difference.

Sorry with the limited information supplied, that is the best I can do,

digitalpimpenator

Prominent
Feb 10, 2019

Bruno,

one last thing, You could also have a board the the bios needs to be updated to handle the Ryzen CPU, I have that same motherboard, and I had to use another processor in order to update the bios to then be able to install my Ryzen CPU
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Check out that link from AMD..
Hope I was able to help a little, even though it was late.

TRENDING THREADS