[SOLVED] No image on monitor when connected to gpu

Mar 14, 2021
Hey, i am experiencing problems with my graphics card.

I have had problems many times with the graphics card in my computer. Those problems have occured whenever i have moved my computer or i accidently hit it with my leg too hard.
It has been a long time since this issue occured, but i yesterday moved it to a new desk as i moved room and this problem occured again.

The problem.
the problem which i have come across many times before and which i will try to explain now as good as i can is the following:

My monitor, When connected to my GPU, has had no signal. It says «DVI - No signal». Same if i changed to hdmi. It has always fixed itself When i plug the dvi cable in and out then turning on the pc a hundred if not more times and it will suddenly work.
I moved it yesterday, but havent had time to try to fix it until today.
Now as i tried to fix it today something new happened; It worked. For a second. Then the image on my monitor Froze and nothing worked again. I turned my computer off then back on and something strange happened. A new screen displayed, which displayed the specs of my graphics card bla bla bla and the logo of Asus Rog (the Brand of my graphics card). After that the image turned Black and a Line of small blue pixels displayed on the top right of my monitor.
I tried HDMI and same thing happened. It works When i Plug the dvi into the port in my motherboard but then i cant use it to Play games which is what i want.
With my limited knowledge i resorted to ask here as i have no idea what the problem is and if it is something i can fix myself because i have no money to buy a new graphics card neither do i know how to install it.

the graphics card is the Asus Rog Strix 1080ti if that helps.

Solution

I have had problems many times with the graphics card in my computer. Those problems have occured whenever i have moved my computer or i accidently hit it with my leg too hard.
It has been a long time since this issue occured, but i yesterday moved it to a new desk as i moved room and this problem occured again.

The problem.
the problem which i have come across many times before and which i will try to explain now as good as i can is the following:

My monitor, When connected to my GPU, has had no signal. It says «DVI - No signal». Same if i changed to hdmi. It has always fixed itself When i plug the dvi cable in and out then turning on the pc a hundred if not more times...
Feb 28, 2021

The problem.

My monitor, When connected to my GPU, has had no signal. It says «DVI - No signal». Same if i changed to hdmi. It has always fixed itself When i plug the dvi cable in and out then turning on the pc a hundred if not more times and it will suddenly work.
I moved it yesterday, but havent had time to try to fix it until today.
Now as i tried to fix it today something new happened; It worked. For a second. Then the image on my monitor Froze and nothing worked again. I turned my computer off then back on and something strange happened. A new screen displayed, which displayed the specs of my graphics card bla bla bla and the logo of Asus Rog (the Brand of my graphics card). After that the image turned Black and a Line of small blue pixels displayed on the top right of my monitor.
I tried HDMI and same thing happened. It works When i Plug the dvi into the port in my motherboard but then i cant use it to Play games which is what i want.
With my limited knowledge i resorted to ask here as i have no idea what the problem is and if it is something i can fix myself because i have no money to buy a new graphics card neither do i know how to install it.

the graphics card is the Asus Rog Strix 1080ti if that helps.
Try another wire, and open the case and see if the GPU is seated properly or if the dust needs clearing

Solution

TRENDING THREADS