[SOLVED] "no input signal" on monitor sometimes

Jul 18, 2021
Hi!

i have three problems with my computer that i am unsure if are connected.

1. My monitor is displaying "no input signal". I've checked that both cable and monitor is working. What i think is weird is that it works sometimes, and when it does it can work for a whole day. When it doesn't work i can sometimes get it working by trying to start the computer several times. But when i try like 10 times i give up.

2. computer suddenly freezes after working normally for a various amount of time. I can't move the cursor and thought this was a cursor problem, but often when i restart the computer i am back to the "no input signal" problem.

3. the computer tries to start but fails. I can hear it start running for about 4-5 seconds before it shuts down and tries again. After a while it will normally manage to get going. Sometimes it will display "overclocking failed" after this if it gets going.

I've tried to troubleshoot some of these problems, but as you might notice i'm no expert at the area. I've tried to reset the bios manually as i found that suggested somewhere. After this it sounds like the computer makes less noise while starting up, and i haven't had problem nr 3 yet after that. but i still have the same "no input signal" problem, which is annoying. my computer only works like 50% of the time.

I appreciate all the help i can get.

Solution
If it works on your wife's computer, the monitor is likely not the issue.

Your GPU could be dying, or perhaps just one port on your GPU.

Is there an alternate port you could try?

Does your CPU have integrated graphics? If so, connect the monitor to the mobo, and see if you get a more consistent display.

What input is selected on your monitor? Is is set to auto, are there multiple ports on your monitor?

Try your wifes monitor on your PC and see if there is the same issue.
Jul 18, 2021
thanks for your reply! i had four memory sticks and tried starting the computer four times with three of them attatched(one out at a time), no display from the monitor.. is this what you meant?

Unfortunetly i don't have all the specs at hand. I can have a look inside for what you need. For now i know i have a asus motherboard, 500W battery. 1060 graphics, and i7 prosessor

Sep 7, 2021
I would LOVE for someone to to answer this. I have been trying to figure out what is wrong with my monitor for weeks. It works GREAT on my wife's computer. It USED to work great on mine but now it says "no signal input". I think it isn't hardware or software because I can use a different monitor and cable and it works fine. I tried getting a new cable just in case and it STILL doesn't work. Please help...

larsv8

Distinguished
If it works on your wife's computer, the monitor is likely not the issue.

Your GPU could be dying, or perhaps just one port on your GPU.

Is there an alternate port you could try?

Does your CPU have integrated graphics? If so, connect the monitor to the mobo, and see if you get a more consistent display.

What input is selected on your monitor? Is is set to auto, are there multiple ports on your monitor?

Try your wifes monitor on your PC and see if there is the same issue.

Solution