[SOLVED] "No Internet Access" when I launch a Steam game ?

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Hello there, I recently purchased a new PC, I had an old pc which had a wireless USB adapter and I took it and used it on the new one, never encountered any problems with it and the old PC before but this new pc gave me a headache.

In the beginning it wouldn't even want to connect and says "Unable to connect to this network" and other times it connects but says that there's "Internet access" but the browser can't show any websites and says that there's no Internet access.

The day after I somehow managed to fix this by removing all th accessories from the front case to the back of the case and leaving the adapter alone and it connected but with low speed, and after some more retries and reboots it worked fine with normal speed but It sometimes can drop a little.

However when I launch a game from Steam for example CSGO shows "Connecting to CSGO servers..." which means it can't access the Internet and when I tab out of it i can see that infact there's no Internet access although my PC is connected to the router.

After updating all the drivers including the wireless adapter's drivers, I launched the game from GeForce Experience and everthing surprisengly went fine, no wifi coutouts nothing, I even tried to launch it from Steam and it worked this time.

But after that it got back to the same problem again, even launching Steam in Offline mode doesn't help it, the wifi will cut off by launching a game from Steam in onilne or offline mode.

Im wondering if the problem is from Windows 10, Network Adapter or Steam, I really need help because it's annoying that I spent 750$ on a rig that can't connect to wifi while playing games.

*Update I dicovered that if you click "Optimize" and then launch the game from GeForce Experience the game connects fine without any issues, tried uninstalling GeForce Experience and launching the game directly from Steam but It's the same thing again the wifi disconnects when I launch it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PC specs :
CPU : i3-10105F / Intel Stock Cooler
GPU : PNY GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB XLR8 Gaming OC
MOBO : Asus Prime H510M-R
RAM : HP V2 16Go (8×2) DDR4 3200Hz
Case : INTER-TECH X-3601 Impulse Micro
Wireless Adatper : Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it's a hardware problem I still got the warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
On your new PC run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the results.

You should be able to copy and paste the results with no need to retype it all.

Double check that only one network adapter either wired or wireless is enabled. Not two network adapters of any sort enabled at the same time.

Look in Task Manager Startup and Task Scheduler. Determine if something else is being launched in the background at startup or being triggered later on via Task Scheduler.

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
On your new PC run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the results.

You should be able to copy and paste the results with no need to retype it all.

Double check that only one network adapter either wired or wireless is enabled. Not two network adapters of any sort enabled at the same time.

Look in Task Manager Startup and Task Scheduler. Determine if something else is being launched in the background at startup or being triggered later on via Task Scheduler.
Configuration IP de Windows

Nom de l’hôte . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-KT56OM4
Suffixe DNS principal . . . . . . :
Type de noeud. . . . . . . . . . : Hybride
Routage IP activé . . . . . . . . : Non
Proxy WINS activé . . . . . . . . : Non
Liste de recherche du suffixe DNS.: home

Carte Ethernet Ethernet :

Statut du média. . . . . . . . . . . . : Média déconnecté
Suffixe DNS propre à la connexion. . . :
Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
Adresse physique . . . . . . . . . . . : 04-42-1A-07-63-FC
DHCP activé. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Oui
Configuration automatique activée. . . : Oui

Carte réseau sans fil Connexion au réseau local* 9 :

Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Adresse physique . . . . . . . . . . . : 02-E0-2D-AC-0D-4E

Carte réseau sans fil Connexion au réseau local* 10 :

Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Adresse physique . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-2D-AC-0D-4E

Carte réseau sans fil Wi-Fi :

Suffixe DNS propre à la connexion. . . : home
Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8188EU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter
Adresse physique . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-E0-2D-AC-0D-4E
Adresse IPv6 de liaison locale. . . . .: fe80::19c4:632f:c13:6180%13(préféré)
Adresse IPv4. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 192.168.1.111(préféré)
Masque de sous-réseau. . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Bail obtenu. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : dimanche 9 octobre 2022 08:54:41
Bail expirant. . . . . . . . . . . . . : lundi 10 octobre 2022 08:54:41
Passerelle par défaut. . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
Serveur DHCP . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
IAID DHCPv6 . . . . . . . . . . . : 268492845
DUID de client DHCPv6. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-25-9D-8D-DB-04-42-1A-07-63-FC
Serveurs DNS. . . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8
NetBIOS sur Tcpip. . . . . . . . . . . : Activé

Carte Tunnel Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface :

Description. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter
Adresse physique . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP activé. . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Non
Adresse IPv6. . . . . . . . . . . . . .: 2001:0:1428:8f18:3c93:295d:3ae1:7016(préféré)
Adresse IPv6 de liaison locale. . . . .: fe80::3c93:295d:3ae1:7016%14(préféré)
Passerelle par défaut. . . . . . . . . : ::
IAID DHCPv6 . . . . . . . . . . . : 234881024
DUID de client DHCPv6. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-25-9D-8D-DB-04-42-1A-07-63-FC
NetBIOS sur TCPIP. . . . . . . . . . . : Désactivé
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry, it's Windows is french I don't know how to change the language
1.Im sure and I checked that it's just "Ethernet" and "Wi-Fi" , nothing else
2. No, I don't have any other startup programs because the PC is new

Ralston18

Titan
First of all:

Just to confirm: is your windows installation presenting in French? If so, did you set that up or did someone else do so? Or are you just living with French?

Do you want to change language?

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

= = = =

Make and model router?

The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Reactions: AForceGaming

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
First of all:

Just to confirm: is your windows installation presenting in French? If so, did you set that up or did someone else do so? Or are you just living with French?

Do you want to change language?

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-properly-change-system-default-language-windows-10

= = = =

Make and model router?

The router's logs, if available and enabled, may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.
Thanks for that I changed my system language to English, I didn't set it up to French it's the store that did that because we mostly speak French
I'm the Admin of the router , all I could find in the router's website is this :
---------Device Information
->Device name
B612-233
->Serial number
GQQ7S21106000876
->IMEI
->IMSI
->Hardware version
WL2B612M
->Software version
10.0.2.1(H201SP3C314)
->Web UI version
WEBUI 10.0.2.1(W2SP11C314)
->Configuration file version
B612-233-CUST 10.0.1.1(C633)
->LAN MAC address
68:13:24:01:9E:D0
->WAN IP Address
->WAN IPv6 Address
Unknown
->CELL_ID
0104800-052
->RSRQ
-8.0dB
->RSRP
-83dBm
->RSSI
-59dBm
->SINR
12dB
->Frequency Band
->Wireless transmit power
PPusch:-6dBm PPucch:-28dBm PSrs:-3dBm PPrach:-3dBm
->Uplink mod/demod of MCS
mcsUpCarrier1:24
->Downlink mod/demod of MCS
mcsDownCarrier1Code0:22 mcsDownCarrier1Code1:22
->PLMN

Ralston18

Titan
According to the ipconfig /all results your computer is getting its DHCP IP address from 192.168.1.1 which is a commonly used gateway IP.

And your computer is being assigned 192.168.1.111 as its' DHCP IP address.

However, it appears via the router's website (?) that the router's IP address is 10.0.1.1 or 10.0.1.2 - Not sure if I am reading the Device Information correctly.

How is your network setup? A generic home network would be similar to the following line diagram where ---> represents an Ethernet cable:

ISP ===(Coax, DSL, Fiber)===> Modem ---->[WAN port] Router [LAN ports] ---> wired network devices and ~wireless ~> wireless network devices.

Sometimes the Modem and Router are combined. Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Include make and model information for modem, router, or modem/router if combined.

What may be happening is that the modem may also be a router. So both devices may be providing DHCP IP addresses to network devices. Only one device should be doing that.

And it gets a bit more mixed up when you have to use the manufacturer's Website/UI) to configure a device.

At the Command Prompt on your computer run "pathping 8.8.8.8"

The target IP is Google.

Reference if you are not familiar with the command.

https://blog.invgate.com/pathping-c...ng command,combines ping and tracert commands.

What IP addresses are shown in the first 3 hops?

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
According to the ipconfig /all results your computer is getting its DHCP IP address from 192.168.1.1 which is a commonly used gateway IP.

And your computer is being assigned 192.168.1.111 as its' DHCP IP address.

However, it appears via the router's website (?) that the router's IP address is 10.0.1.1 or 10.0.1.2 - Not sure if I am reading the Device Information correctly.

How is your network setup? A generic home network would be similar to the following line diagram where ---> represents an Ethernet cable:

ISP ===(Coax, DSL, Fiber)===> Modem ---->[WAN port] Router [LAN ports] ---> wired network devices and ~wireless ~> wireless network devices.

Sometimes the Modem and Router are combined. Feel free to edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Include make and model information for modem, router, or modem/router if combined.

What may be happening is that the modem may also be a router. So both devices may be providing DHCP IP addresses to network devices. Only one device should be doing that.

And it gets a bit more mixed up when you have to use the manufacturer's Website/UI) to configure a device.

At the Command Prompt on your computer run "pathping 8.8.8.8"

The target IP is Google.

Reference if you are not familiar with the command.

https://blog.invgate.com/pathping-command#:~:text=What is the pathping command,combines ping and tracert commands.

What IP addresses are shown in the first 3 hops?
As I told you before , I had no problem with the adapter in the old computer, here's what the CMD command shows :
Tracing route to dns.google [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
0 DESKTOP-KT56OM4.home [192.168.1.111]
1 fixbox.home [192.168.1.1]
2 * * *
Computing statistics for 25 seconds...
Source to Here This Node/Link
Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address
0 DESKTOP-KT56OM4.home [192.168.1.111]
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 3ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% fixbox.home [192.168.1.1]

Trace complete.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand in this networking stuff but as you said, the adresses aren't the same, but I can access Internet tho just not in Steam games
I got an idea ! Why don't I test this CMD command in the old computer and show you the results !

Ralston18

Titan
Is that pathping the full results? Did you retype the results instead of copy & paste?

Appears to not even be getting beyond your router.

Yes - try in the old computer and show the results. Use copy & paste.

And instead of Google target Steam by IP (104.127.176.51) and URL.

Example: "ping steamcommunity.com".

And remember to post modem and router information: make and model.

Is there anything past hop 2 or does everything time out.

Hop 2 is the ISP first router and when you can get to your router but it stops there you have a issue with your internet connection. From what I can tell you are using a mobile broadband internet. These have many more problems that a internet that comes into your house via some kind of physical connection.

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Is that pathping the full results? Did you retype the results instead of copy & paste?

Appears to not even be getting beyond your router.

Yes - try in the old computer and show the results. Use copy & paste.

And instead of Google target Steam by IP (104.127.176.51) and URL.

Example: "ping steamcommunity.com".

And remember to post modem and router information: make and model.
OLD PC :
310451056_760722001684833_7024067895167187767_n.png
310788768_2998898963742016_740912257194126208_n.png

NEW PC :
310269494_1119813781977370_2915699070000286643_n.jpg
310227441_485990426911236_1872661110870402535_n.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUTER : HUAWEI B612-233

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Is there anything past hop 2 or does everything time out.

Hop 2 is the ISP first router and when you can get to your router but it stops there you have a issue with your internet connection. From what I can tell you are using a mobile broadband internet. These have many more problems that a internet that comes into your house via some kind of physical connection.
I don't really understand what you're talking about here...

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Router:

Unless you have changed something your router's IP address is the default 192.168.1.1 with Login "admin" and Password "admin".

Reference:

https://www.router-reset.com/default-password-ip-list/Huawei

If you did not change them then your network is insecure and wide open for others to access and use.

What is "fixbox.home"? Did you set that up?

And what about the modem - make and model?
I changed the password, fixbox is the name of the router, and make and model is HUAWEI B612-233

Ralston18

Titan
ISP ===(Coax, DSL, Fiber)===> Modem ---->[WAN port] Router [LAN ports] ---> wired network devices and ~~~ wireless ~~~ > wireless network devices.

Understood: Router is HUAWEI B612-233 named fixbox.

What is the Modem ?

If my diagram is not correct please edit and correct as necessary.

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
ISP ===(Coax, DSL, Fiber)===> Modem ---->[WAN port] Router [LAN ports] ---> wired network devices and ~~~ wireless ~~~ > wireless network devices.

Understood: Router is HUAWEI B612-233 named fixbox.

What is the Modem ?

If my diagram is not correct please edit and correct as necessary.
The router is not like any router , it's like mobile you can go with it anywhere you want and it works with 4G but it's unlimited

Ralston18

Titan
Mobile Broadband Router 4G LTE

This router?

https://www.thedailysale.shop/products/huawei-4g-router-2-pro-b612-233

https://routerunlock.com/simlock/huawei/huawei-b612-233/

Quick Start Manual:

https://usermanual.wiki/Huawei-Technologies/B612-533

If I follow correctly you are trying to game via a wireless connection from your Gaming PC to the Huawei Router and then mobile broadband 4G to Steam.

Setting aside network related hardware, software, configurations, etc. for the moment.

From your original post:

"After updating all the drivers including the wireless adapter's drivers, I launched the game from GeForce Experience and everthing surprisengly went fine, no wifi coutouts nothing, I even tried to launch it from Steam and it worked this time."

" I dicovered that if you click "Optimize" and then launch the game from GeForce Experience the game connects fine without any issues, tried uninstalling GeForce Experience and launching the game directly from Steam but It's the same thing again the wifi disconnects when I launch it. "

I have to ask why are you uninstalling/not using GeForce Experience?

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Mobile Broadband Router 4G LTE

This router?

https://www.thedailysale.shop/products/huawei-4g-router-2-pro-b612-233

https://routerunlock.com/simlock/huawei/huawei-b612-233/

Quick Start Manual:

https://usermanual.wiki/Huawei-Technologies/B612-533

If I follow correctly you are trying to game via a wireless connection from your Gaming PC to the Huawei Router and then mobile broadband 4G to Steam.

Setting aside network related hardware, software, configurations, etc. for the moment.

From your original post:

"After updating all the drivers including the wireless adapter's drivers, I launched the game from GeForce Experience and everthing surprisengly went fine, no wifi coutouts nothing, I even tried to launch it from Steam and it worked this time."

" I dicovered that if you click "Optimize" and then launch the game from GeForce Experience the game connects fine without any issues, tried uninstalling GeForce Experience and launching the game directly from Steam but It's the same thing again the wifi disconnects when I launch it. "

I have to ask why are you uninstalling/not using GeForce Experience?
Yes that's the exact same router that I have, and I was trying to uninstall GeForce Experience because I thought that it would fix the network problem somehow because GeForce Experience maybe interfering with Steam or something + it sets up the settings by itself and if I change them the Internet cuts out again (like changing the resolution) I feel like changing the resolution gets you to see the wifi status from the Windows hotbar which triggers this.
I know it's a bit weird and complicated but I may also just reinstall Windows and see if this fixes it but that would be the last choice that i'll make

Ralston18

Titan
Before reinstalling Windows just install GeForce Experience and see what happens for a few days.

The original failure to connect/cut outs to Steam may have been for some other reason - maybe on their end or somewhere between you and Steam.

You are making too many changes too fast. Make only one change at a time and allow time between changes.

= = = =

And if you do decide to reinstall Windows do a clean install per this Forum.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366

Be sure to verify that all important data is backed up, proven recoverable and readable beforehand.

Reactions: AForceGaming

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Before reinstalling Windows just install GeForce Experience and see what happens for a few days.

The original failure to connect/cut outs to Steam may have been for some other reason - maybe on their end or somewhere between you and Steam.

You are making too many changes too fast. Make only one change at a time and allow time between changes.

= = = =

And if you do decide to reinstall Windows do a clean install per this Forum.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366

Be sure to verify that all important data is backed up, proven recoverable and readable beforehand.
Thanks for your help, I'll see what I can do !