no internet access

skyraider1071

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Hi I have a HP laptop which is having severe problems. I connect to a network but it says I have no internet access. The funny thing is that its not able to connect through anything ie: not in WIFI, Ethernet or even mobile hotspot. I even tried a new wifi adaptor and it didnt work. Please help.

Solution
When that happened to me, I had to update the network adapters via Device Manager. There were new Intel network adapter drivers available I had to download and install. Happened almost immediately after setting the notebook up the first time.

I would find out what network adapter you have, look for drivers online (yes, I understand the irony—but you clearly have access to other computers), and install those.

It is possible the hardware went out. The network adapter on my EVGA motherboard only worked for a few weeks before it died, and I had to buy a PCIE adapter to replace it.

KublaiKhan

Distinguished
May 24, 2015
When that happened to me, I had to update the network adapters via Device Manager. There were new Intel network adapter drivers available I had to download and install. Happened almost immediately after setting the notebook up the first time.

I would find out what network adapter you have, look for drivers online (yes, I understand the irony—but you clearly have access to other computers), and install those.

It is possible the hardware went out. The network adapter on my EVGA motherboard only worked for a few weeks before it died, and I had to buy a PCIE adapter to replace it.

Solution

skyraider1071

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
I will update my drivers now , but if its hardware related, it has affected all networking ways even ie: Ethernet, Wifi and I cant even use my phones tethering via a USB port which is strange as it works on my desktop. It connects to the network fine but just shows a yellow triangle for no internet access so surely its software right?