[SOLVED] "No Internet" problem on one WiFi connection despite being able to use different connections.

Jul 18, 2019
My family has 2 different WiFi profiles/connections (or whatever you call them). One of them is slower and one of them is faster, I believe that the slower one is 2.4 GHz while the faster is 5 GHz.

I recently installed a wireless WiFi-adapter to my PC. Now, for some reason, I can connect and use the slower one (I am using that one right now, in fact), but I an unable to use the faster connection because it just says "No Internet". Note that other devices connected to the same WiFi connection works normally.

Hardware:
Wireless WiFi adapter: ASUS PCE-AX3000
Router: ASUS RT-AC68U

Don't know if I need to post these but I'll add them anyway:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING
PSU: Corsair RM650x
WiFi card driver version: 21.90.3.2

Devices connected to the affected WiFi connection: Somewhere around 5 (could this be the problem?)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to help on this problem and thanks in advance!

Solution
Who has full admin rights to the ASUS Router?

You will need to work with that person to ensure that your PC is properly connected to the router via either 2.4 GHz or 5GHz. There are also "channels" involved.

There may be a configuration setting limiting your connectivity and internet access.

Ralston18

Titan
Who has full admin rights to the ASUS Router?

You will need to work with that person to ensure that your PC is properly connected to the router via either 2.4 GHz or 5GHz. There are also "channels" involved.

There may be a configuration setting limiting your connectivity and internet access.

Solution