No Microphone will Work on my Desktop

risenSHADOW

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
I think it might be a motherboard issue, like the drivers might be outdated or something, but none of my microphones will work on my Desktop but do work on my laptop. My main pair of headphones uses USB and I can hear audio but can not use the mic, also going into recorder settings and selecting "listen to this device" seems to make some of the microphones work but echo really bad. Not sure what this issue is but i have to use discord on my laptop for now, any insight would be extremely helpful.

Solution
Probably not your issue but its worth checking the windows privacy settings-make sure the settings allow for the microphone to be used by the system.

risenSHADOW

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015

yeah i just checked that, that is not the issue, I am noticing in device manager that one of my mic is saying "device descriptor request failed", however no mic works on this desktop but I am going to look up what this means and why the USB device is not being recognized

risenSHADOW

Honorable
Sep 2, 2015
Ok guys I'm not sure what exactly it was that I did that solved the issue, I think it was me searching for a windows update then plugging in the mics again. However the issue is fixed and I'm posting this so that an answer can be selected, I will select Greeko85's answer so that people know this issue is resolved.