Question No monitor signal with new GPU and PSU ?

Aug 30, 2024
Hi. I have an old PC that I have updated bit by bit. The specifications before the new GPU/PSU:

Motherboard: Asus TUF gaming B560-plus Wifi

CPU: Intel Core I9-11900KF

Ram: Corsair Vengeance lpx DDR4 3000mhz 64Gb

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming

Psu: Corsair CX750M

Then I bought a new GPU and PSU as below:

GPU: GeForce RTX 4070 Super 12G Ventus 2x OC

PSU: Corsair RM1000X

After I switched to these components and all the cabling, I started the PC as usual. Apart from that there is no signal from the gpu. Then i tryed to switch back to the old Gpu, to check if I had a bad graphics card. Still no image signal either on hdmi or dp. Then switched back to old psu and gpu, still same problem. No image signal from gpu.

Tried afterwards to remove the gpu to test the image signal directly from the mainboard, and once again zero signal.

Now i have the motherboard on a piece of cardboard with only the PSU and one stick of RAM, still no output signal from the from the motherboard's HDMI port..

Has anyone been lost in this before? Have checked around a bit but no one with this motherboard. See those with newer motherboards get a bios flashback/update. But can't find a solution for this outside of Windows.

Would be very happy for help with this

Hi. I have an old PC that I have updated bit by bit. The specifications before the new GPU/PSU:

Motherboard: Asus TUF gaming B560-plus Wifi

CPU: Intel Core I9-11900KF

Ram: Corsair Vengeance lpx DDR4 3000mhz 64Gb

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 ROG Strix Gaming

Psu: Corsair CX750M

Then I bought a new GPU and PSU as below:

GPU: GeForce RTX 4070 Super 12G Ventus 2x OC

PSU: Corsair RM1000X

After I switched to these components and all the cabling, I started the PC as usual. Apart from that there is no signal from the gpu. Then i tryed to switch back to the old Gpu, to check if I had a bad graphics card. Still no image signal either on hdmi or dp. Then switched back to old psu and gpu, still same problem. No image signal from gpu.

Tried afterwards to remove the gpu to test the image signal directly from the mainboard, and once again zero signal.

Now i have the motherboard on a piece of cardboard with only the PSU and one stick of RAM, still no output signal from the from the motherboard's HDMI port..

Has anyone been lost in this before? Have checked around a bit but no one with this motherboard. See those with newer motherboards get a bios flashback/update. But can't find a solution for this outside of Windows.

Would be very happy for help with this
Your cpu does not have an igp you must use a graphics card.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
As above, you need to install a GPU card in a PCIe slot and connect the required power cable to it from the PSU. Connect your monitor to that.

ALSO in your out-of case "breadboard" setup, remember that the CPU chip must be installed AND that it MUST have a cooler system working and connected. If that is an air cooler (heatsink and fan) the fan MUST be plugged into the CPU_FAN header of the mobo. If it is an AIO system, there MUST be a unit (ideally the pump) plugged into that CPU_FAN header. On most mobos if the CPU_FAN header does NOT receive a fan speed signal almost immediately on start-up, it will NOT allow the boot process to continue. Since you system is on the table to see, when you try to start does the CPU cooler fan at least twitch? Does it start and run?

If the problem is solely an issue with no video output, then the POST process of the mobo should proceed, and probably would complete with an on-screen error message that you cannot see, of course. But at least you would see the fan(s) start and run, and some activity (maybe indicator lights?) during the POST process until it completes. IF you have a small (beeper) speaker on the mobo (or plugged into the front panel header) then you should hear some signal beeps from that. A single beep at the end of the POST process indicates "success". More than one beep is an error code you can use as a clue.

Last edited: