[SOLVED] No OC settings in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2020
Hello! I bought RAM for my PC and wanted to change the timing but nowhere can I find the settings to do it in the BIOS. I don't believe that the BIOS didn't have the function of changing this. So my question is - What can I do right now? It's American Megatrends v02.61 (https://prnt.sc/svz9py) I tried to update it but I downloaded a folder with the .1M file from the manufacturer of my PC but program requires a .ROM file... I don't even know if in this case the update will help unlock the function of OC.
Motherboard is Acer G43T-AM V.2
I bought x2 1GB DDR2 800MHz (I have 6GB all are 800MHz)
Now it's from Windows - 667MHz
From CPU-Z - 333MHz
(This info is just in case)

Solution
This particular motherboard will never be overclockable as it was used in an Acer Aspire tower system. Acer used a locked BIOS on those motherboards. Pre-builts from such manufacturers as HP, Dell, Acer, etc. are not intended to be overclocked or otherwise run in other than the default "as shipped" condition.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
try this put a 1 gig and a 2 gig in the same channel then boot after if everything work doe the same with the other channel use cpu-z spd and memory tab to check ram speed and timings also made sure ram use same jedec and speed also same voltages .

Jun 8, 2020
try this put a 1 gig and a 2 gig in the same channel then boot after if everything work doe the same with the other channel use cpu-z spd and memory tab to check ram speed and timings also made sure ram use same jedec and speed also same voltages .
What can it change? Like, I won't do this with BIOS?

This particular motherboard will never be overclockable as it was used in an Acer Aspire tower system. Acer used a locked BIOS on those motherboards. Pre-builts from such manufacturers as HP, Dell, Acer, etc. are not intended to be overclocked or otherwise run in other than the default "as shipped" condition.

Solution
Jun 8, 2020
So my RAM will always work this way? I can't do anything without changing the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.