Question No Packet Loss, Ethernet, 710 mbps speeds, no ping spikes, yet I still lag in all games

May 22, 2022
For the past 2 and a half years I have been struggling to play games like Fortnite and Valorant due to inputs not registering. I have had Xfinity come to my house twice, the first time they replaced my modem and a cable going out to the street underground,(I believe it may be a coax cable going to the pedestal), and the second time they replaced the coax cables behind my modem but I still had the same issue. I want to call Xfinity again but I have no real proof of this issue because they did not see it when they were here. I recently noticed the send and receive rate in my task manager is always changing, It's mostly at 0, goes to 8 on on both, and occasionally spikes to 50 on both send and receive.
And what do they mean. Should my send and receive be on 0 or a higher number? I don't think this has anything to do with my pc specs or ethernet cable because the same thing happens when using and wifi and whilst playing games on an xbox. I have the feeling it has something to do with the wifi pedestal.

Specs:
b450m ds3h motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600 CPU (stock cooler)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660ti
16gb of Corsair Vengeance ram 3200 ddr4
1tb Barracuda hardrive (686 gb free)
120 gb Kingston ssd (44.1 gb free)
EVGA 500 Wat W1 80+ White power supply(original, good condition)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Also look in Resource Monitor. Resource Monitor may help you discover more about what is causing the spikes.