Question No picture from Samsung UN50NU6900 after a main board replacement.

Calebshov

Commendable
Aug 10, 2020
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with my issue.

I have a Samsung UN50NU6900 that stopped displaying a picture after an incident with a PC that had a bad power supply. I am still not 100% sure what happened, but it killed this TV and my A/V Reciever. I had the PC turned on and went to plug in the HDMI cable. Once it made contact with the port, it turned off completely. When I tried to turn the TV back on, there were backlights and a blank black screen but nothing else...

I have since replaced the main board after some troubleshooting and I still have the same problem. However, I do get sound when turning it on now which I did not get before. It will stay on with no dimming or turning off. Is there a way to reset it or something that I didn't do? Thanks again.

So you basically says that your computer with bad power supply may have killed the tv on connect ?

Do you know if there are grounding issues in main voltage where you live ?

Have you had other similar issues withh that same computer when connecting to other display ?

Does the TV work if you use some other device that is not connected to mains, like a camera ?

Calebshov

Commendable
Aug 10, 2020
So you basically says that your computer with bad power supply may have killed the tv on connect ?

Do you know if there are grounding issues in main voltage where you live ?

Have you had other similar issues withh that same computer when connecting to other display ?

Does the TV work if you use some other device that is not connected to mains, like a camera ?

No, I do not know of any grounding issues. Yes, I believe the PC killed the TV on connect. The PC was from a friend that wanted me to check it out and see if it was worth anything (it was an old gaming PC that had been sitting for about 2 years). After the incident, I didn't try to connect the PC to anything else. I have not tried a camera but I'm not sure how I would get it to come up seeing as I can not access a sources menu.