Question No post after BIOS update (ASRock AB350 pro4)

Apr 10, 2020
Recently bought a ryzen 3600 to upgrade from my 2200g. I found out I need to update my BIOS on my ASRock AB350 pro4 inorder to use the new processor. Using the 2200g I first updated to P3.40 (bridge bios) using a USB stick for instant flash. The update went fine and at the end clicked to restart system. After the restart I get fan spin but no video. Have tried resetting the CMOS and tried different RAM, still getting the same result.

You went backwards

* If the current BIOS version is older than P3.40, please update BIOS to P3.40(Bridge BIOS) before updating this version.

You were at 4.70 so you should have been fine to update to the next compatible BIOS. Im not sure what is causing your current issue .

Damn, I just wasn't thinking and thought bigger number = older. Any idea how I can restore it back to the old version.
Unfortunately, it appears version 3.40, the 'bridge' BIOS you down-graded to, does not support 2200G processors. You'll need to get hold of a 1st gen Ryzen processor to do another upgrade. Once you upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 capable BIOS (v6.30 recommended) you won't be able to use your 2200G, so be sure to have updated chipset drivers first and have the 3600 ready to swap in.

If your board is still in warranty you might get help from Asrock, but they may just say user-error not covered.

Last edited:

Terrence_3

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
Recently bought a ryzen 3600 to upgrade from my 2200g. I found out I need to update my BIOS on my ASRock AB350 pro4 inorder to use the new processor. Using the 2200g I first updated to P3.40 (bridge bios) using a USB stick for instant flash. The update went fine and at the end clicked to restart system. After the restart I get fan spin but no video. Have tried resetting the CMOS and tried different RAM, still getting the same result.
Sorry, correction try going from the 3.4 to 4.6 or the one under that then to 5.4 (40 file under file type) and 6.3 (30 file under file type) you can only got to 6.3 from 5.4 which will say 40File under file type, you can go straight from that to the P6.30, you have to update to the P5.40 bios first it will say that for any bios 5 and above. once you update to the P5.40 which will say 40 File under file type when you put it on your thumb drive thats just the minor revision you just need that so your bios will recognize P5.40 or above which for the Ryzen 5 3600 you can use the P5.80 or the P6.30 which is the one I used and its the lastest revision it will say 30 file under file type use it anyway itll work just did it today. The biggest thing I found out was that you cant jump major revisions like from P4.** to P6.*** you have to go P4 to P5 to P6.

Last edited: