Question No power, not even after bridging pins ?

May 1, 2024
I'm looking for some help troubleshooting a weird issue. I have an Aorus X570 pro wifi and have been having some ongoing issues with the wifi chip not being recognised. Shutting it down, unplugging and then starting back up seems to fix it temporarily. It’s been happening intermittently recently but not a huge deal, just annoying. However today, when I did this something weird happened. All started up as normal but the computer decided to turn off about forty minutes afterwards. Very odd as my girlfriend was playing sims (which has been run for what seems like hundreds of hours in the last week with no issues).

I have already grilled said user and determined that it’s not user error, she was just doing normal stuff. Now this would all be a little annoying but the computer decided not to start again when trying the power button. I checked to make sure that it was plugged in, and checked the pins by bridging them. Still didn’t turn on even with a screwdriver stuck between the pins (yes a metal one).

Now I know the PSU is in because I made the mistake of getting fans that have a minimum rpm above 0, so they’re still spinning while the computer is plugged in. I’ve tried clearing CMOS and even tried the Qflash button to see if that would get a response, but no video output and no change in fan spin. Obviously it’s a hardware issue but basically I’m looking for some advice whether it’s worth getting a new motherboard, or if I should see if I can get some local tech support in to help me out. Don’t really want to get a new MoBo if I don’t have to. Also open to other ideas about what the issue could be.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Make sure that your power connections to the motherboard are firmly attached (locked into place) to both the motherboard sockets AND on the PSU end. Poor contact can lead to these sorts of issues and it seems to be more common these days with more modular PSUs.

While you are at it (with the system powered down, of course), make sure that your memory and PCIe devices are fully inserted into place.

What, is anything, have you changed/installed recently?

May 1, 2024
Make sure that your power connections to the motherboard are firmly attached (locked into place) to both the motherboard sockets AND on the PSU end. Poor contact can lead to these sorts of issues and it seems to be more common these days with more modular PSUs.

While you are at it (with the system powered down, of course), make sure that your memory and PCIe devices are fully inserted into place.

What, is anything, have you changed/installed recently?
Ahh sick I’ll check the PSU connections when I get home this evening, already checked the MoBo connections and they were all tight. Also reseated the GPU because I thought that might be the issue (thought it might just be taking a while to boot and the GPU might have been fried so no video output). I’ll try the RAM though as well.

As far as changes go, I moved it from the floor to the desk lol so no hardware or software changes within the last 4 months. It’s been running fine other than that wifi issue, only thing I could think of was maybe PBO issue, or XMP, but cleared CMOS and I tried a QFlash and no luck so that’s probably not the issue.