No power to computer

Aqw0rd

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
My computer won't turn on at all. I brought my computer home for the holidays, but when I tried to turn it on nothing happened. I've managed to turn on the PSU by shorting the green and black wire, but while connected to the MB nothing happens( no fans, lights or sound). I've checked the power switch cable, disconnected power to the CPU, taken out graphics card, 1 stick of RAM, resetted the CMOS battery and all for nothing. Is this then a MB failure? Is this something others have managed to fix? Is there something I can do to more precisely locate the issue?

In advance, thanks.

Solution
you have the 24 pins in and the 8 pins atx on also the cpu fan is on cpu header so remove gpu and plug to onboard then 1 ram module in slot 2 try to boot if it is not check the board manual if have dual bios so switch to ther other the other thing did you check if you cpu is on the list for that board with the bios number it have ,the other point check the front panel connector if they are where they should and that you did not mix power button with the reset use your motherboard manual to follow these step you have to do and if nothing work post us a list of all the parts in system name and model .

Aqw0rd

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016

I haven't noticed any leds on the MB before, so i wouldnt know if they were to show up. All i can see is that nothing happens, and I really mean nothing. Nothing at all.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
you have the 24 pins in and the 8 pins atx on also the cpu fan is on cpu header so remove gpu and plug to onboard then 1 ram module in slot 2 try to boot if it is not check the board manual if have dual bios so switch to ther other the other thing did you check if you cpu is on the list for that board with the bios number it have ,the other point check the front panel connector if they are where they should and that you did not mix power button with the reset use your motherboard manual to follow these step you have to do and if nothing work post us a list of all the parts in system name and model .

Solution