MicroStutter

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
I believe I have everything connected properly. I am using almost the exact same setup I did on my first build other than the PSU, GPU.

Specs:

Case: NZXT Phantom 410
CPU: i5 3570k
Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO
MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 8GB 1600
GPU: EVGA GTX 680
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB SATA 6.0
PSU: Seasonic SS-620GM (first build used a Seasonic X-Series 850W and worked like a charm)
Optical: ASUS DRW 24x DVD-Burner

Everything is identical compared to my first build other than the PSU. I have never encountered a problem with not being able to power up a PC so how does one determine if it is the PSU that is dead or faulty or can something else cause the system not to power up.

WskOsc

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
I'm assuming that by 'no power' you mean pressing the power button has no effect?

If this is the case then re-check the cables used for the power and reset buttons (usually in on cluster on the bottom-right of the motherboard) and make sure they're all set up properly. If that doesn't resolve it, double-check all your power cables are properly inserted and secured (on occasion and with certain PSU cable designs the +4 pin connector on an 20+4 Pin ATX connector won't engage properly). Try to start up again.

If the above doesn't work then make sure your PSU is set to the proper voltage input (usually a small red switch on the PSU's rear, not all models have one of these and if it doesn't then don't worry).

If you're still having issues, some motherboards will have a power-on button on them, try pressing this (remotely, use a pen or something), if the mobo doesn't have any such button then bridge the power on connectors on the motherboard with a screwdriver (or something else metal, just be sensible).

Of course, it's always worth checking it's plugged in and turned on at the wall socket too? XD