No Recovery Partition

Ali_Baba

Reputable
Jan 26, 2017
When I was installing windows on my SSD the installer said that windows couldn't be installed on drive 0 partition 1. I simply clicked on the back arrow and went back and it no longer gave that message. I think that this may be the reason that my recovery partition is missing. I don't know what that partition is for, but my system seems to be operating just fine. My question is if I need to do something to get that partition or is it just fine how it is now.

Solution
you don't need it, and if windows ever does, it will make one. There is a new version of win 10 soon and when it installs itself, it will make one.

when i first installed win 10 I only had 1 partition, it made a recovery partition once i got next version of windows 10.

Colif

Win 11 Master
you don't need it, and if windows ever does, it will make one. There is a new version of win 10 soon and when it installs itself, it will make one.

when i first installed win 10 I only had 1 partition, it made a recovery partition once i got next version of windows 10.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master

Windows Setup will automatically create the 4 partitions below on the drive, and install Windows 10 on the primary partition.
Partition 1 - Recovery
Partition 2 - System - The EFI System partition that contains the NTLDR, HAL, Boot.txt, and other files that are needed to boot the system, such as drivers.
Partition 3 - MSR - The Microsoft Reserved (MSR) partition that reserves space on each disk drive for subsequent use by operating system software.
Partition 4 - Primary - Where Windows is to be installed to.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

win 10 makes them as well. Not essential though.