[SOLVED] No resizable bar support on Win 11

failmau5

Commendable
Jun 12, 2020
Hi guys,
I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and noticed, that resizable bar support is gone.
Before the upgrade it was supported without an issue.
The option is still activated in BIOS (UEFI on, CSM off) and there are no newer firmware or driver updates for the graphics card.
BIOS is on the newest version too.

The relevant components are:
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X
  • Ryzen 5900X
Has someone experienced the same issue? Is this maybe just an early bug of Win 11?
I could not find anything related on the web...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Hi guys,
I have recently upgraded to Windows 11 and noticed, that resizable bar support is gone.
The option is still activated in BIOS (UEFI on, CSM off) and there are no newer firmware or driver updates for the graphics card.

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X
  • Ryzen 5900X
Has someone experienced the same issue? Is this maybe just an early bug of Win 11?

Thanks!

Hey there,

Did you re-install the GPU driver after upgrade? That might be an option. Do a clean install with DDU.
Hi guys,

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X
  • Ryzen 5900X

Thanks!

Hey there,

Did you re-install the GPU driver after upgrade? That might be an option. Do a clean install with DDU.

Solution

failmau5

Commendable
Jun 12, 2020
Hey there,

Hi,

I did a clean driver install indeed.
Went over to the Nvidia page and explicitly chose Win 11, but seems to me it is the same driver as Win 10 anyway.
I'm on v496.13 now.

Hi guys,

• ASUS ROG Strix X570-E
  • MSI RTX 3080 Suprim X
  • Ryzen 5900X

Thanks!
It's possible that Resizable Bar is not supported by NVIDIA in Windows 11 yet. Hopefully, someone else can confirm.

Meanwhile, check/post on the NVIDIA forums and keep checking for driver updates.