Question No screen - windows didn't load correctly before it was showing cpu or ram changed CMOS memory cleared

Rachit454

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
So I took out one of my ram stick to clean it but after placing it back it is showing CMOS memory cleared please enter setup or load default values then I went in bios and changed (CSM to Ufei mode with secure boot on) but it didn't worked out
After restarting 3- 4 times
there is blue screen pops which says recovery - windows didn't load correctly
I am pretty sure my ram is not dead because in BIOS it showing its capacity and MHz and brand name and total ram in the system.
I have 8×2 ram sticks 16 gb total
I restarted on one but problem persists

Specifications :
CPU - AMD ryzen 5 2400g
Ram - 2× 8gb sticks each clocked at 3200mhz from Corsair and adata
Storage - 1tb HDD and 240gb SSD in which windows is installed
Motherboard : MSI a320m a pro Max
Os. Windows 11
Monitor : 22inch LG 1080p 75hz monitor 1ms

Last edited:

Rachit454

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Issue solved !
I changed the HDMI cable it started working fine.
But I doubt what HDMI had to do with it

Also I booted it into safe mode and uninstall the display drivers but it only worked when I changed HDMI cable.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I have 8×2 ram sticks
You mean you have 8x2GB sticks ordo you have 2x8GB sticks?

it is showing CMOS memory cleared please enter setup or load default values
Did you get into BIOS after that message?

I tried many ways
Mentioning what you did can help alleviate us repeating what you've tried but didn't work.

Issue solved !
I changed the HDMI cable it started working fine.
But I doubt what HDMI had to do with it

Also I booted it into safe mode and uninstall the display drivers but it only worked when I changed HDMI cable.

That isn't exactly a solution since to people who do understand your issue might suggest that your BIOS settings are off, most likely your storage controller or your BIOS mode(CSM and not UEFI) may be the culprit.