"No Signal" after high GPU use on PUBG

pmcg521

Commendable
Dec 19, 2016
I own a EVGA GTX 1080 SC (factory clocked), paired with an Intel i5 8600K (also factory clocked). MSI Afterburner monitor shows the following temperatures while gaming under heavy load, plus or minus a couple degrees celcius:
CPU ~ 50C (I have a great heatsink/cooler)
GPU ~ 65C

These temperatures are consistent, and all my hardware components are brand new.
After about an hour or so of playing PUBG, my monitor loses signal. This happens every other time I play. This problem only occurs only when I play PUBG, and I chalked it up to the high use of resources of the game.

It's worth noting that after loss of signal, a hard reset fixes the issue (but it is the only fix).

PSU is a 550-watt Thermaltake (which I thought was even a bit overkill in terms of wattage).

I play at 1080p on a standard HP monitor, 60Hz, no fancy G-SYNC or anything.

I saw a similar question posted here: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3585636/monitor-signal-playing-games-high-gpu-power.html

But it is pretty much unanswered. Please offer suggestions if you have them, and thanks.

Solution
Honestly PUBG is in ownership with Bluehole and they are not exactly the greatest on stable gaming. Tera being a prime example. Your issue could be related to inaccurate temp readings. First I would actually go and try EVGA application for their gpu's and try a side by side comparison. Also it could be driver related. Have you had this issue recently or has this issue been going on a very long time. If so try a different driver version from Nvidia and see what happens. You could pump the fan to 100% to test and see if this continues to happen. If your not over 60hz on monitor then I'm fairly certain this is a driver issue.

hiyabusared

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
Honestly PUBG is in ownership with Bluehole and they are not exactly the greatest on stable gaming. Tera being a prime example. Your issue could be related to inaccurate temp readings. First I would actually go and try EVGA application for their gpu's and try a side by side comparison. Also it could be driver related. Have you had this issue recently or has this issue been going on a very long time. If so try a different driver version from Nvidia and see what happens. You could pump the fan to 100% to test and see if this continues to happen. If your not over 60hz on monitor then I'm fairly certain this is a driver issue.

Solution