[SOLVED] No signal after installing new gpu

kikkela

Reputable
Oct 26, 2018
So my old gpu died and i bought a new one, installed it and no signal. I cannot get in to windows to delete the old drivers or install new drivers. And my mobo doesn't have vga port. what can i do?

Edit: SPECS
CPU: i5 2400
MOBO: MSI Big Bang Marshal
RAM: Hyperx genesis 2x4gb ddr3
HDD: Samsung HN-M101MBB 1TB
GPU: Old gtx 780ti and New sapphire radeon rx 590
PSU: Corsair 650w
Chassis: Corsair graphite 760T Full tower

Last edited:
Solution
Hi, are you able to see the bios splash screen and get into the bios on boot, when the Monitor is connected to the graphics card? If so this isn'ta hardware issue, it's with your software drivers. You can take the graphics card out of the build and plug the monitor into the motheboard's onboard graphics ports to boot into the operating system and uninstall drivers.
You might want to run ddu after uninstalling to ensure all graphic driver remnents are removed from the drive:
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Lutfij

Titan
We could learn more if you would post the make and model of your new GPU and the old one. Better yet, inlcude your full specs so we know it's not also a PSU or BIOS issue.

List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Hi, are you able to see the bios splash screen and get into the bios on boot, when the Monitor is connected to the graphics card? If so this isn'ta hardware issue, it's with your software drivers. You can take the graphics card out of the build and plug the monitor into the motheboard's onboard graphics ports to boot into the operating system and uninstall drivers.
You might want to run ddu after uninstalling to ensure all graphic driver remnents are removed from the drive:

Solution

kikkela

Reputable
Oct 26, 2018
my motherboard does not seem to have onboard graphics port

kikkela

Reputable
Oct 26, 2018
That corresponds to the VS model of Corsair which is the second worst in their gamut. I am suspecting that it's as old as the rest of the components. That means that its most probably the issue.

If possible, try the GPU in another PC or try a different PSU to confirm that is the problem. I would advise to change that PSU either way.
Well damn, i dont have another pc. Seems like i have to buy a new psu

Any graphics card has a default low res mode that will run without any drivers.
That is what lets you boot and install the appropriate drivers.

Double check your connections.
Are the power connectors secure?
Check your monitor connections and the monitor input selection.

Your new card has approximately the same power requirements as the GTX780ti
unless it is a factory overclocked version that needs more than a 6 and 8 pin connector.

TRENDING THREADS