Question no signal and laggy pc

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
Hi , I've recently been experiencing issues with no signal on the monitor and the pc lagging randomly, happened 3 times so far and it's always been either when I was playing or when I finished playing, it's like the pc freezes but it's still on but no signal

For example, I was playing Diablo when suddenly my screen goes black with no signal but the PC is still on, RGB, fans spinning, Spotify in the background, etc., but I can't I do anything other than force a restart, I was also playing Assassins Creed, this time when I closed the game my PC for some reason became very slow and laggy and then there was no signal on the monitor, force restart again..

I would say my build is fairly "new", 1 year max of use!
asrock b450m steel legend
amd 5 5600x
rtx 3060
32gb ram 3200mhz
cx650 650w
hdd wd500gb (I feel he may be the culprit, been using it for almost 7years)
ssd patriot burst elite 240gb
nvme crucial p3 500gb

Hi , I've recently been experiencing issues with no signal on the monitor and the pc lagging randomly, happened 3 times so far and it's always been either when I was playing or when I finished playing, it's like the pc freezes but it's still on but no signal

For example, I was playing Diablo when suddenly my screen goes black with no signal but the PC is still on, RGB, fans spinning, Spotify in the background, etc., but I can't I do anything other than force a restart, I was also playing Assassins Creed, this time when I closed the game my PC for some reason became very slow and laggy and then there was no signal on the monitor, force restart again..

amd 5 5600x
rtx 3060
32gb ram 3200mhz
cx650 650w
nvme crucial p3 500gb
Hey there,

In my experience freezes like that are memory related. You can test your memory outside of windows with memtest86+. Run it off a thumb drive. If there are any errors then the ram may be faulty.

What bios are you currently runing on the mobo? It may be worth updating it if it's old. You can find out what bios is running using CPU-z.

Lutfij

Titan
cx650 650w
How old is this unit?

If you feel the HDD is at fault, remove it from the system and see if the issue persists. If not then you've removed the problem.

BIOS version for your motherboard? Got a link to the ram kit you're working with?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
Hey there,

In my experience freezes like that are memory related. You can test your memory outside of windows with memtest86+. Run it off a thumb drive. If there are any errors then the ram may be faulty.

What bios are you currently runing on the mobo? It may be worth updating it if it's old. You can find out what bios is running using CPU-z.
Okay, I'll try memtest86 later!

Current bios version is p4.30 is from 2022. on the asrock web the most recent bios version 10.08 from couple of months ago..so maybe I should try updating bios as well

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
cx650 650w
How old is this unit?

If you feel the HDD is at fault, remove it from the system and see if the issue persists. If not then you've removed the problem.

BIOS version for your motherboard? Got a link to the ram kit you're working with?
The psu is from June 2021

I'd love to remove the hdd but yeah I'm still running windows on a hdd haha!

Bios version p4.30 and ram corsair vengeance rgb pro (4x8gb)

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
Okay, let us now how memtest goes.
Hello again! Little update:

I haven't had time to run memtest+with 32GB according to the internet will take about 4hs..so yeah I haven't had time but I did do some strees test Heaven, FurMark and Cinebench 0 issues/errors, normal temps GPU/CPU just wasn't able to recreate the problems I had been experiencing.

So the other day I finished playing and the PC became very laggy, I decided to look in the task manager and there was a process called "iCue service for interaction with CorsairLLAccess controller" that was consuming 40% of my CPU, now I managed "fix it" (so far so good) but I can't confirm/deny if that was the problem.
It's strange, I've been using the iCue software for over a year and have never seen that process or had any problems with it!

Anyway just to be sure I'll run memtest when I can.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023

amd 5 5600x
rtx 3060
32gb ram 3200mhz
cx650 650w
nvme crucial p3 500gb
I'd try running task manager and observing it and then try to recreate the problem and observe what, if anything, has changed when the problem occurs.

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
Ah, okay. That could be it. I've had a couple of issues with the latest version of iCue. Rolled back to previous version and all the pain went away :)
I managed to run memtest, 0 errors throughout the test, so RAM is fine, I just don't know what to do next or what to test next!

I guess I will use my PC normally and see if the problem persists, the whole iCue process I am not sure if it is fixed or not, here is the problem, not only could I not find many solutions but there is one that if I completely disable the process I can't control the rgb in the iCue app, the app just doesn't recognize the RAM.
I was also on iCue version 4.33.138 so I updated to the latest version, maybe that will help too.

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
Let us know how that goes.
Ugh..well, that stupid Corsair service is still giving me problems, here's the thing, during gampleay 0 problems but once I close the game that's when the problem starts, the PC becomes very slow/laggy/stuttering, I can barely move the mouse and then PC freezes!

This doesn't always happen, if I remember correctly this started happening about a month ago, but it was like once every 2 weeks or something like that and now it's becoming more frequent, but again it's not every day.

I have an MSI Clitch GM20 Elite
POLLING RATE 1000 Hz / 1 ms

I can adjust the polling rate from Dragon Center app!
I have the option of 1000Hz(current), 500Hz, 250Hz and 125Hz
What number should I change it to?
I tried 500hz as at a 1000 i was getting some odd behaviour, specially moving windows around on the desktop. Changing it stopped the issue. Try them all and see if it helps.

Reactions: JJJJere

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
I tried 500hz as at a 1000 i was getting some odd behaviour, specially moving windows around on the desktop. Changing it stopped the issue. Try them all and see if it helps.
I tried 500Hz, didn't work!

This is how my PC gets after playing AC Valhalla for 1 hour, I just don't understand it... and the more I move the mouse or try to do something, the worse it gets to the point where the PC freezes(not always), it gets super laggy for 10 seconds, stops for 5 seconds and again super laggy for another 10 seconds and then kinda disappears on his own. It's like there is something triggering those services and has high CPU usage.
Also is noticed that with other games like Smite, Diablo Immortal, FH4 this doesn't happen.
Task.png

Just to be clear. You've uninstalled iCue alltogether and tried it again? Some apps like that leave files hanging around. THey can interfere.

At this stage, we have to start getting drastic. Have you re-installed Windows yet? If not, I think we have to try that, and put windows on one of the ssd's. There's no reason to keep that HDD other than basic storage. But given it's 7 years old, it might just be best to get all data off that drive.

amd 5 5600x
rtx 3060
32gb ram 3200mhz
cx650 650w
nvme crucial p3 500gb

If the os is on that harddrive then yes it will be laggy especially 7 years.

The bios should be updated.

Remove GPU drivers and reinstall.

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
Just to be clear. You've uninstalled iCue alltogether and tried it again? Some apps like that leave files hanging around. THey can interfere.

At this stage, we have to start getting drastic. Have you re-installed Windows yet? If not, I think we have to try that, and put windows on one of the ssd's. There's no reason to keep that HDD other than basic storage. But given it's 7 years old, it might just be best to get all data off that drive.
No, I haven't done that with iCue, but I'll try it and also out of curiosity to see if the problem happens while using another mouse, I have an old Logitech G302 but I highly doubt that will solve the problem, I just don't understand if it was a mouse related issue just because I move it around after gaming and it makes my PC laggy, that would be pretty weird.

Also no, I haven't reinstalled Windows, I'm just saving it as a last resort.

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
No, I haven't done that with iCue, but I'll try it and also out of curiosity to see if the problem happens while using another mouse, I have an old Logitech G302 but I highly doubt that will solve the problem, I just don't understand if it was a mouse related issue just because I move it around after gaming and it makes my PC laggy, that would be pretty weird.

Also no, I haven't reinstalled Windows, I'm just saving it as a last resort.
I uninstalled iCue with RevoUninstaller so I could do a clean install, but that didn't work and my mouse theory didn't work either :sweatsmile:

I think I'm give up..I'm making space to install Windows on another drive, I mean I've wanted to do that for a while now, but I'm lazy and I've never had any problems until now.

JJJJere

Reputable
Apr 13, 2021
I uninstalled iCue with RevoUninstaller so I could do a clean install, but that didn't work and my mouse theory didn't work either :sweatsmile:

I think I'm give up..I'm making space to install Windows on another drive, I mean I've wanted to do that for a while now, but I'm lazy and I've never had any problems until now.
I installed Windows on the SSD, that seems to have solved the problem! Thanks for all the help:giggle: