Question No Signal as soon as OS launches. Worked fine before installing waterblock on GPU.

Oct 19, 2020
CPU- i9 10900k
GPU- RTX 3080 (PNY)
PSU- Axi 1600
Mobo- Asus Rog Maximus XII Extreme
OS-Windows 10
Running only Nvme m.2 SSds (1 2TB and another 500 GB, installed the 500 GB at the same time as GPU waterblock)

Total newbie here. First build. I ran my loop initially with just CPU waterblock and installed GPU stock. Everything ran just fine. Finally got the waterblock in, so just installed the waterblock on GPU. Went into OS start screen and instantly went to no signal after a fraction of a second. Reinstalled Windows 10 and would get to about the keyboard setup and language questions and again no signal. Searched forums and tried recommended safe boot with networking and installed new GPU drivers. I eventually was able to get into a stable Windows 10 to DL drivers for GPU and went to reset and again No Signal immediately on OS lock screen to enter PW. All components are just about a month old with the exception of the new 500 gb Nvme m.2 and waterblock (both brand new). No leaks within the loop before, now, or ever. CPU Temp states 27-32 C. No Error codes on Mobo. "A0"

Tried so far:

Reseated components i.e. RAM GPU and NVMes.
Reset CMOS.
Reinstalled clean Win 10
DL updated drivers.
Flashed Mobo to latest 0707 Asus Bios.
Separate monitor using display port instead of hdmi (same issue).

What I CAN do:
run Bios endlessly without issue
run in safe mode

What I CANNOT do:
Launch OS normally or get past the sign-in screen without losing signal to monitor (connected via 2.0 HDMI)

Things to troll me on:
Being a noob.
Spending too much.
Having the PB & J on the bread and still not knowing how to make the sandwich.

Troll away but please help and save me from this endless loop of anxiety and crushed dreams.

UPDATE: Waterblock screws were actually not the right length. Changed the screws and re-seated GPU. Fixed the No Signal issue.

Last edited: