Question No signal from RX460

Feb 13, 2019
I bought a used rx 460 4gb ebay (my pc didnt have a graphics before and was running on intel hd 4400) i plugged it in and it apeared to work with my monitor picking up a signal but it just showed a black screen. I left it on for about 5 mins and nothing happened
Pc specs:
Intel core i3 4150
12 gb ram one 4gb and another 8 gb
180w psu
Hp pavilion 500 pc series motherboard

WildCard999

Titan
No none at all.
Ok, so while it may not require the additional power from the PSU I still think it requires a larger PSU. If possible you can test this if you have a friend or family member with a semi gaming computer with a 400W+ PSU.

If you can test it and it works then I'd suggest this PSU, good quality for the price after MIR.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($16.00 @ Newegg)
Total: $16.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-14 07:49 EST-0500

If it doesn't work in another system then maybe the card is faulty.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I think minimum recommended PSU for an RX 460 is 350W+.

If the system is in fact underpowered (I agree with previous posts) you somehow risk of instability and even bricking your card or other components.

If you want to buy a PSU do not skimp. It's the most important part of the PC I'd say. A low quality PSU can take other components down with it when it dies and they often die sooner than expected.

Dxlan

BANNED
Jul 14, 2019
I bought a used rx 460 4gb ebay (my pc didnt have a graphics before and was running on intel hd 4400) i plugged it in and it apeared to work with my monitor picking up a signal but it just showed a black screen. I left it on for about 5 mins and nothing happened
Pc specs:
Intel core i3 4150
12 gb ram one 4gb and another 8 gb
180w psu
Hp pavilion 500 pc series motherboard
I have this same problem.