[SOLVED] No signal on 2nd monitor using a HDMI to DP cable

valeriu.2809

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Hello, I just got a 2nd monitor from a friend that doesnt need it anymore and i really want to use it but the problem is I have Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, which has 1xHDMI and 3xDisplayPorts. My main monitor is a Dell S2415H(HDMI port is used for this), and the monitor that I got is LG 34UM58-P (wide one) which has 2 HDMI connectors in the back it, so what I thought its an easy solution is to get a HDMI to Displayport cable and just plug it in, then enjoy my 2nd monitor, but the monitor doesnt detect any signal, the error is "No Signal, entering power saving mode shortly".
The cable that I bought is this:

Does anyone know if i need to do something else like activate the ports from Bios or something ? I tried pushing the cables in as much as I could as i know some people are saying they could not make proper contact ... Could the monitor being an old version not support the DisplayPort thing ?
Thanks in advance :)

Solution
Try the other hdmi port. Make sure the monitor is set to the correct input port. Otherwise I would think it's a bad cable.

valeriu.2809

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Last edited:

valeriu.2809

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
Im not exactly use what you're asking me, they are DisplayPorts 4.0 (females), you can google the video card and see how they look (Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB ).

I'm going back to the store today and ask them to test the cable, maybe it doesnt work at all before I buy an adaptor, that's probably the best thing i can do right now.

Thanks

valeriu.2809

Prominent
Jan 30, 2018
I bought another cable HDMI-DVI(m/m) and its working perfect. The guy at the store said that the cable works for the exact opposite situation, if I'd had the dp port in the monitor and the HDMI in the video card, it would've worked but not the other way around :/