[SOLVED] No signal on display and really loud fan noise on 1660TI

Nov 24, 2019
Specs:
TUF B360-Plus Gaming
Galax GTX 1660ti (no oc)
i5-8400
Silverscreen ST50F-ES 500W

Hello,
So recently I have upgraded my graphics card from a GTX 1050ti (MSI) to a Galax GTX1660ti about 3 months ago. I did all the standard procedures when replacing the graphics card and I had no problems with gaming until just a few days ago. What has happened was that when I run this particular game, CSGO, after 5-30 minutes (it happens almost every time with different time intervals), the monitor will display no signal, although the ingame sounds can still be heard as well as very loud GPU fan noise. This does not happen in other games like Borderlands 3.

I have tried a few suggested solutions on the web including:
  1. Changing the RAM slots,
  2. Removing and re-inserting the PSU cables,
  3. Reinstalling the GPU drivers.
I have tried switching back to my old 1050ti and for some unknown reasons, the game works perfectly fine.
So please help?

Solution
How are the CPU and GPU temps idle and while gaming? Use HWmonitor to get that info.

Use DDU to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, using this guide: How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

I wouldn't stress test anything with a bad PSU if I were you. It's like putting someone with a heart condition to run a 50k marathon.

CX550m if it's grey labeled is good, if it's green labeled it's bad. There are some good options to consider, I just need you to tell me in which country are you and what is the preferred shop, if any.
Can you try a different PSU? Or the GPU in another system with a better PSU?

The one you have it's a crappy unit and should not have been used in a gaming rig. I recommend to upgrade it even if it's not the cause of the problem. You should always power your system (especially if it's a gaming rig) with a decent and reliable PSU.

Also the name is Silverstone, not Silverscreen

Nov 24, 2019
I have not tried a different PSU yet because I don't have any extra around, but I will try the 1660ti in a different system next weekend.

Wow, okay I thought it was a decent brand but thanks for the tip. Is a Corsair CX550m a good enough PSU? Or is there any better PSU to be used?

Oh my bad.

Something else that I did try is a few stress tests on the CPU and the GPU and the problem did not occur.

How are the CPU and GPU temps idle and while gaming? Use HWmonitor to get that info.

Use DDU to uninstall and reinstall the drivers, using this guide: How To - How to perform a CLEAN install of your video card drivers. | Tom's Hardware Forum

I wouldn't stress test anything with a bad PSU if I were you. It's like putting someone with a heart condition to run a 50k marathon.

CX550m if it's grey labeled is good, if it's green labeled it's bad. There are some good options to consider, I just need you to tell me in which country are you and what is the preferred shop, if any.

Solution
Nov 24, 2019
On idle, the CPU is at about 45 degrees Celcius, GPU at 40.
While gaming, CPU is at 73, GPU at 71.

Yeah I have used DDU for both installing and uninstalling my graphic card driver but i seem to have no luck.

I'm from Malaysia, and we don't really seem to have a dedicated shop for anything PC related honestly.

Nov 24, 2019
So i have tried the graphics card on a different build and also PSU, the card works fine so I guess it is my PSU that's causing the problem but I am still somewhat skeptical honestly