[SOLVED] No signal to monitor , dropped a screw

aurimasandrisiunas

Honorable
Mar 3, 2018
Hello , i droped a screw on the motherboard , and now no signal to monitor , everything is runing as it used to before, cpu fan gpu fans. Other thing is i can turn on pc using power button , but i cant turn it off using the power button . I have tried different PSU, different GPU, different RAM, but i dont have different MOBO , or CPU to try . So i want someones opinion what that might be ? Could that screw damage the mobo , and i never had any overheating on my cpu or anything , i use msi afterburner everyday while gaming , as i like to check my temps and cpu never reached over 65, it used to stay 60-65. My specs are
MOBO- Gigabyte ab350m gaming 3
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU- Asus GeForce 1050ti
PSU- Corsair CX550M
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16gb

Solution
Hello , i droped a screw on the motherboard , and now no signal to monitor , everything is runing as it used to before, cpu fan gpu fans. Other thing is i can turn on pc using power button , but i cant turn it off using the power button . I have tried different PSU, different GPU, different RAM, but i dont have different MOBO , or CPU to try . So i want someones opinion what that might be ? Could that screw damage the mobo , and i never had any overheating on my cpu or anything , i use msi afterburner everyday while gaming , as i like to check my temps and cpu never reached over 65, it used to stay 60-65. My specs are
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU- Asus GeForce 1050ti
PSU- Corsair CX550M
RAM- Corsair...
CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU- Asus GeForce 1050ti
PSU- Corsair CX550M
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 16gb
I dont think ur system is posting... thats the reason why the power button doesnt shut down the pc, guess u have to hold it for a few seconds to turn off the system... exactly where did u drop the screw and was it while ur system was running or turned off... the cpu shud be fine... the only guess can be the motherboard...

Reactions: aurimasandrisiunas
Solution

aurimasandrisiunas

Honorable
Mar 3, 2018
I can hold it as much as i like it just doesnt turn it off with power button i have to turn it off using PSU switch. It dropped between gpu and cpu, the PC was off , and PSU was off while all this happend . Well only 2 things i havent tried is other cpu or mobo. I have new mobo ordered , hopefuly its not the CPU , but like i said i didnt had any isssues with it , i think if CPU is dying u will get freezes n all. But i never had ones. I think that screw damaged the mobo ..