[SOLVED] No Signal when getting in to bios

Vicpf

Prominent
Oct 31, 2019
When booting up my pc, my monitor has no signal until i get in to windows, the same happens when i try to get in to bios from inside windows or from the boot up.
This only happens with my main monitor : https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming-monitors/q27g2u-bk, which is connected through DP.
My 2nd monitor and my old one are connected with HDMI and have no such problem.
My specs are:
GPU: RTX 2060 MSI Gaming Z
MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2
HDD: Seagate Barraccuda 2TB
PSU: Corsair PSU CXM Series 650 W 80+ Bronze

Appreciate the help.

Solution
Damn you were right!
I tried unplugging the second monitor and I finally could see my bios, I actually dont use the second one as a desktop monitor but I have it mounted on my wall and use it as a TV, so its kept turned off most of the time.Thanks for the help man, is there a way I could change which monitor displays the bios?
Yes, it is possible. You have to connect your 'main' monitor to the GPU output that BIOS thinks as 'main', then other monitors can be connected to any other remaining ports. Unfortunately there is no such info which port is main, you'll have to experiment to find it - but most likely it's one of the HDMI ports.

Vicpf

Prominent
Oct 31, 2019
I'm not sure I understand your problem. If you are using 2 monitors, BIOS will appear only on one, and which one it is will be chosen by BIOS. Monitor order in Windows can't change that.
Damn you were right!
I tried unplugging the second monitor and I finally could see my bios, I actually dont use the second one as a desktop monitor but I have it mounted on my wall and use it as a TV, so its kept turned off most of the time.Thanks for the help man, is there a way I could change which monitor displays the bios?

Damn you were right!
Yes, it is possible. You have to connect your 'main' monitor to the GPU output that BIOS thinks as 'main', then other monitors can be connected to any other remaining ports. Unfortunately there is no such info which port is main, you'll have to experiment to find it - but most likely it's one of the HDMI ports.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS