No Sound O_o?

Klinton255

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
My speakers broke a few weeks ago, So I figured instead of rushing out to buy a new pair of Speakers, I would wait until I get paid and just use my headphones for my sound source,
However when I plug my Headphones into my computer no matter what jack I use it gives out no sound. It'll say sound is playing but nothing actually comes out.
I know little to nothing about computers and was wondering what the issue could be, it's quite frustrating when I want to catch up on series / movies ;( or even listen to music.

I needs help please!

thatncguy

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Is there anything that you can do that makes the sound come back on after it has gone off? Pull up your Device Manager and check to see if you have a "Sound, video, and game controller" option. If so, collapse the list and see if there's a recognized sound driver with a possible yellow/white question mark.

Arlen10

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Nothing you can do about a short in the wire, you can only buy a new headset.

Klinton255

Honorable
Apr 1, 2012
What do you mean o_O My headphones work perfectly, I just can produce any sound out of my computer with them, Although I haven't gotten around to buying new speakers yet so I do have one option to try before I take my CPU in, No clue what else it could be....