No sound on PC. Please help!

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015
The sound on my PC was fine yesterday. Since then I've reinstalled Windows and removed a graphics card and now there is no audio at all. I have made sure the HD Audio cable for the case is correctly installed. I have installed the audio and chipset drivers for my Motherboard. It doesn't matter whether I use the front or rear panel, there is no audio at all. The PC does recognise devices when I plug them in, there is just no sound. I have also tried the Windows audio troubleshooter and and tried changing the audio frequency in Realtek. Any advice is appreciated. Many thanks.
Specs:
CPU: i7 3770k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77 DS3H
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Intel Graphics 4000 (Audio doesn't work even with a graphics card installed)
PSU: EVGA 600w

Solution
Well theoretically I don't see why not, but then again I don't see why audio would suddenly stop working once video card is gone, if all the digital audio nvidia drivers are gone and you've installed again on-board audio drivers either. Don't discount contacting gigabyte. It's their mobo, they should know how to bring it back without you shelling out more money as you did nothing wrong.

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

I removed a faulty GTX 980 Ti. I have indeed removed all graphics drivers for the card using DDU to no avail. Even if I use a different graphics card and install the correct drivers for it there is no sound. Really worried about this so any advice you have is appreciated, thanks.

Are there ANY nVidia audio drivers still installed?

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

None at all. I did a completely clean uninstall in safe mode using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) to remove any trace of NVIDIA drivers.

Graptik

Reputable
Nov 25, 2015

Would a soundcard or USB speaker work?

Sedivy

Estimable
Well theoretically I don't see why not, but then again I don't see why audio would suddenly stop working once video card is gone, if all the digital audio nvidia drivers are gone and you've installed again on-board audio drivers either. Don't discount contacting gigabyte. It's their mobo, they should know how to bring it back without you shelling out more money as you did nothing wrong.

Solution