No sound realtek BACK PANEL audio sound windows 7 blah

dridiot

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
Its so frustrating I could kill myself.

On Realtek audio manager I only got front panel which have no sound EITHER!!

I can't turn on back panel nor bring sound to front panel....

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Is this an on-board sound device?

Did you try Control Panel > Sound and set the default to something other than S/PDIF?

Does the volume control appear ain the Task Bar to the left of the clock?

Right -click on it and select the Mixer.

Is there anything there that is muted?

dridiot

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
When I click on c.panel > sound I got Speakers, which are deafult device, and Realtek Digital Output. Everysingle thing is unmuted and 100% up. I even got that green bar jumping when I play something, but there is no sound coming out.

When I click Speakers propeties I read that it is front panel jack. Before instalation of Realtek audio driver, I have Speakers and Headphones which one is front panel and other one is back panel jack, but I cant set them as deafult. Digital output is deafult with internal ATAPI jack, I dont know what is it...

Realtek audio manager is newer version, I asume... Its not like this one http://www.rm.com/_RMVirtual/Media/Images/REaltek_HD_Audio_Manager.jpg

Its like this one http://i.imgur.com/Vn46lBU.png but without that little door-like sign left to wrench sign, and without orange-black-gray imputs. And its only avilable front panel, back panel is unclickable.

I just want sound to work, it doesnt matter which panel.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
But I think that the problem is that you have a 'Digital' output rather than an analogue one.

Go back to the mixer and look at the drop down menu on the left-hand slider - have you got 'Speakers' enabled there too?

And the little door-like sign is the S/PDIF connector.

What is the name of your sound device? Is it a on-board the motherboard - what is the name of the motherboard?

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Very good and that answers all of those questions.

If you go to Device Manager, how many devices do you have listed in 'sound, videos and game controllers'?

Is this the same number as just before you uninstalled the re-installed the sound drivers?

I mean, did you uninstall two devices and only get one back?

If so, in order to kill some time and give you a little diversion, maybe you should reinstall your graphics card.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Was there always only one? I have two and so do many others.

That's why I mentioned reinstalling the graphics adapter. The on-board one if you have it. I've seen HDMI High Definition Audio drivers being installed with graphics drivers.

Give it a try. What is there to lose?

mrsound

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
OK, thanks for your patiece! :)

I will try it later. Next 12 h I will not be by this computer.

So, if I get you corectly I have to try to reinstall my Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1) [Display adapter] ?

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Strange as it sounds, yes. :)

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
And by the way, the speakers system that you are trying to hear is plugged in and switched on, isn't it? :p

Make sure that the volume is turned down when you try this. Just in case. We don't want you blowing your windows out.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Well, as far as Windows is concerned, everything is cool. The right channels are showing the presence of a signal but nothing can be heard.

You get nothing through the head-phones.

All cables are where they should be.

The front and rear panel connectors are securely connect.

Do you use any sound recording software at all?

Do you have any programs that use 'ASIO' drivers like Fruity Loops, Reason, Cubase, something like that?

Are there any programs on your computer that use the MS Wave Synth as a midi output device?

Did you have a midi instrument connected that is not now connected?

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Not yet buddy.

Try this.

Open Windows Media Player.

When it opens, click on Organize and then select Options from the list.

Click on the Device tab.

Click on Speakers, if it is there, then click on Properties.

Now select the output device from the drop down menu.

Click apply, close the open tabs and then try and play an MP3 or movie from here.

Does anything change?.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
One little thing that disturbs me is the fact that the 'door-like symbol' in your interface is missing.

This is the S/PDIF digital I/O connector.

I wonder. Are you absolutely sure that the connectors to the front and rear panels are okay.

Sometime, where there are two rows of pins, it is possible to fit the connector so that it only connects with one row of pins.

I just wonder why your interface does not sense the S/PDIF I/O.

Have you double-checked this?

Sorry, but for the sake of completeness, I have to ask these question.

It's amazing how many hours are wasted before simply checking the fuse was the solution. :)

mrsound

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I think also that there is the catch!

Speaking of hardware it's all "double Dutch" to me, so I asume you're speaking about cable that connect audio jacks (or their board) with motherboard?

So, in order to check that I would have to look at my computer case interior, am I right my friend? :)

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013

Yes sir.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Okay. Well, give this a try.

First, turn down the volume on the computer to about fifty percent. We don't need ear-drums problems that could render this entire exercise irrelevant.

Right click on the volume icon.

Select 'Recording devices'.

Click on the top one and click on Properties.

Select the Listen tab and check the Listen to this device' box.

Select the Levels tab and boost the volume a little.

Do the same for all the 'Recording devices'.

If you find one that works, set it as default and stop the other devices from being listened to, if you want.

Any improvement?

mrsound

Honorable
Nov 5, 2013
I appreciate and thank you for your comment!
What happened after 5th November? Well, I checked my computer box interior, everything was allright. And after I pulled back all my cables and stuff I lost my internet connection. I couldn't answer you back, and I was full of rage.

To be frankly, this is my work computer, and I work in 3rd shift. Two nights of work, and two days rest. If this is my home computer, I would reinstall my windows 7, simple as that. But under these circumstances I can't do that. So I ordered external audio card, hope to have luck with that.

I tried all those you write me in last msg. Nothing. I tried every possible combination with jacks and properties. Nothing.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
This really is a strange one. :??:

Well, how about this then:

Go to Device Manager and expand the 'System Devices' tree.

Look down that list for an audio controller.

Uninstall it and restart.

(I'm running out of ideas now. We will have to get creative soon, I fear.:( )