Ataru

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2002
Seems that the optical spdif-out on Hercules fortissimo III works just with powerdvd.
I can't hear anything using any other software.. (media player, windvd...etc etc).
I bought tha card for the optical spdif-out, and now i discover that it's basically useless.
Can someone help me?

riko

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2002
I am sorry I am not directly answering your question, but am so fed up of trying to get correct info from hardware manufacturers and their associated websites, most particularly about 'sound' right now.

There is so much disinformation and implied capabilities, and the one response I got was from Audiotrack about their Maya card being able to do certifiable DTS-ES (6.1) ('Discrete'). As it turns out it was not really true. They profess 7.1 but not DTS-ES discrete.

Completely fed up with the state of this 'used car salemenship' and poodlefaker scallywagism marketing.

1) Try card reseating, and software reload (fresh reboots between all steps, [not superstition but assumption you're using MS products])
2) Check for new, updated or fresh copy of drivers (and websites for bugs or similar experiences
3) Contact (and good luck) the vendor/manufacturer

Not buying, not biting,
Rico